What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As a gift?

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IS there a way to send an Ibook as a gift from the Ipad? Or does one have to buy a gift card through Itunes on a pc?
Thanks!
PDB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd never noticed before, but it looks like gifting is not an option in the iBook Store, not even when using iTunes on a computer.

So yes, if you want to give an iBook you'll have to use a gift card, and hope they will use it as intended.

OP
P

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I have sent a gift card and then a recommendation of the book from the book store. Pray for the best...
Apple should enable a gift function in the bookstore.
All the best

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks! I have sent a gift card and then a recommendation of the book from the book store. Pray for the best...
Apple should enable a gift function in the bookstore.
All the best

I'm not sure why they haven't already. My best guess is that because iBooks is optional, you would have to know that your recipient has and uses iBooks, or the link they get in the email will not work. The App Store on the other hand is installed on all devices, so you don't have to worry about whether the the email link will work.

It's possible to copy and use the gift code manually, of course, but Apple might figure that this is just complicated enough to cause massive numbers of support calls.

Most reactions