What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artist's Drawing App ?

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apps both free and paid versions are mostly for kids which is great for the kids to keep busy in the classroom or on their family road trips.

My question is that I wish there was an app for adults like the one on PBS tv channel with the wildlife artist Bob Ross.
Do any of you iPad users know if there is an artist's app more suited for adults please ?

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brushes
Procreate
Zen Brush
Sketchbook
Adobe Eazel
Adobe Ideas
Ukiyoe
Art Set
Ink pad
Auryn Ink
Art Rage
ASKetch
Sketch Club

And that's just a list of the ones on the top level of my art apps screen.

OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow ! Quick response !! Which ones do you recommend for beginners and which ones are for seasoned artists ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd add ArtStudio to that list.

Each app has it's own strengths. None of them are so difficult to use than a beginner (not a young child) can't be using them quickly, and discover the extras as they go.

SketchBook and ArtStudio are good all around tools with layer support.

Art Rage specializes in imitating physical media, and also has layers. As much fun as it is useful.

CPencils specializes in imitating color pencils.

ASKetch is a unique B&W drawing program that can be used to duplicate anything from charcoal to graphite, and some weird stuff that would be difficult to do with pencils.

I've hear of most of the other's in DougRogers' list, but have no personal experience with them.

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have Art Studio also. In a folder of 'secondary' apps. I prefer the focused 'single' purpose apps to Art Studio.

OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. Maybe I should have been more clear.

More adult-like apps that show how to draw wildlife, cars and things that most men would enjoy drawing?

More of a how to instructionals?

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ArtRage does Animals, I have about 7 that I have done. I am not allowd to put a link to another website otherwise I would show you what it could do. There is tons of tutorials on thier forum.
I think this will be okay it's not a direct link, I apologise in advance if I have still breached forum rules in posting.
6418963503_89dc1b0785_z.jpg

Last edited:
OP
I

iPad2needhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the suggestions & any more suggestions sure are welcome !!! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts