Article: 13 glaring flaws of the Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jaseph, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Finnedog

Finnedog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The direct sunlight thing may be related to the kindle and its e ink display that you can read in sunlight. Never used one so don't know if you can read a Kindle comfortabaly in direct sunlight.

2. brobar

brobar
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Direct comparisons of the iPad to the Kindle is like comparing a cargo ship to an 18-wheeler. Sure both are modes of transportation that can get cargo from Seattle to Los Angeles... but they are two completely different things!

Sure the iPad and the Kindle both have the capability of reading ebooks... but they are completely different things! Why do people only focus on readability in direct sunlight? Why don't people focus on readability in bed without having to turn on the lights or using external lights and disturbing your significant other while they are sleeping? That is more important to me than not being able to step over into the shade during the day.

3. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't know who you are but your opinion is ridiculous. I love everything about this thing. For the people who don't like don't buy it and if you have return. I personally love it to say it is awkward is really asinine. I am a 4 ft 10 elderly women and find it very easy to handle. If you dont like too bad a lot more of us do like it.

4. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think a lot of these people who write these articles criticizing apple products are marketing for someone else.

5. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    There is more money in being negative. It is like that in everything anymore. Look at the environmentalist groups. They never compromise, no matter how far out their logic is. They will bring up suppositions and wives tales that have no relevance. And for being illogical and fiction driven, they get media attention, and donations. If they compromise, they no longer have a high profile cause, and people forget them.

It is the same with these guys. Nobody pays attention to stories about how the iPad does what it is suppose to do. Happy customers is borrrrrriing news. Turn the facts into a negative and you get readers from all aspects. From those who cannot stand Apple for one reason or the other, from the Apple hard-core who want to refute it. and those on the fence who are trying to come to a decision.

So, 300,000 sales are disappointing. Apps not being fully mature, is a crises. And initial issues in a few units is a disaster.

6. Dorisking3

Dorisking3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    NO USB port.
    Actually, I am looking forward to the 2nd Generation to be with USB port, DVD avaliablity, and camera.:ipad-front:

7. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    From what I can tell the main issues with the iPad so far are:
    1. Charging (needing to have a dedicated main usb bus port) issues
    2. Some stability in apps (initial issues experienced by any day 2 hardware)
    3. Wifi signal / connect issues (which may be the biggie here).

Other than these - most of this seems like fluff and design issues.

And when it comes to design issues - how about we add 2 usb ports and an SD slot. Then we could make the screen a little bit larger - and then we could add a pound to the weight - and, well, you see where we are headed here.

8. Jaseph

Jaseph
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for a good point by point review. I haven't bought an Ipad yet, and I'm interested in people's honest opinions. We all know a first generation product is never going to be perfect.

I think my main concern is how to hold it, and if u get tired of holding it after an hour or so. It would seem layin it on a flat surface and typing or viewing isn't very comfortable unless you have some kind of stand for it.

9. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    This makes one want to laugh about the little wimps that can't hold an iPad but for a few minutes. Talk about modern day couch potatoes!

Those complaining need not only to get a life but get out and get some exercise before they drop dead of a heart attack. They don't need an iPad they need some walking shoes.