Article: 13 glaring flaws of the Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jaseph, Apr 7, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    @Brobar. I agree completely. I am an artist at a computer all day that is crunching heavy numbers...so for me an additional device to smoothly play videos and not choke up my machine is glorious! And replaces any need I may have had for a laptop. I personally like the weight, it feels sturdy and doesn't feel like its going to slip out of my hand with one handed operation. I too wipe it upon turning it off but I rarely notice fingerprints when its on. I don't do much computing in the sun....lol, that's called going outside time! If I need to check my email while outside my phone does that just fine.

As for portability like I said it is the first truly portable computer I've ever owned. Laptops are really annoying, they are heavy they require a case you can't use them on a couch easily, you basically have to find a plug wherever you are.

I can grab my iPad in it's natural state and bring it wherever I want and use it.

As for battery life I have tested it for the past 2 days at work.

10am to 8:30pm on all day (I didn't turn off the screen even when I left my desk to really test it) played netflix, abc videos for most of the day, surfed the web between renders, played a little Nova, and both days after 10 hours of extensive use I had over 30% battery left! That is impressive!! And truly portable!

2. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I think they should mention the other things that it is wrong about it. You cannot do typing well while skydiving. It does not function well in temperatures above 300 degrees. It requires electricity from a power grid to recharge. It requires less IT support than a netbook, therefore it could put some of them out of work.

If the critics had their desire, we would have a 15" MacBook Pro with 24 hours battery life, and fit a standard iPhone case. And they would still find fault with it.

3. dennis

dennis
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    LOL @ Seadog

I also hear it won't operate in a vaccuum. Sorry NASA.

And from the PC World stress tests we now know you can't do live blogging while scuba diving and exploring the Great Barrier Reef.

4. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    What??? You can't scuba dive with it or use it on the moon....piece of crap!!

5. brobar

brobar
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It won't blend unless you break it in half first!

LAME!!!

6. dennis

dennis
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Serious questions for you guys-

Do you, or anyone you know, actually use a laptop or other eReader in direct sunlight ever? eg. at the park, beach, backyard, etc.

And be honest. :)

I'm wondering if this is actually an issue for anyone (a serious buying consideration) to be able to read a display easily when doing things outdoors.

I have never been able to use a laptop effectively outdoors so I gave up on that whole notion many years ago. For me when I'm in directly sunlight I can't see what's on a laptop screen and I don't even have the glossy display type.

7. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Slippery? Finger prints? Did he learn to wash his hands or does he need mama to remind him?

8. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I could write an article about all the short comings of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if i wanted to, it's a cheesy article purely meant to steal the thunder from a firestorm of ecstatic media hype. They are simply trying to be read amongst all of the other writers out there and chose a negative angle.

Anyone out there ever on a debate team? Same type tactic, you don't have to agree with the position, you simply need to passionate about presenting the side you chose.

9. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    But the thing that bothers me most about such dribble is that it's fed to the public as truth, thus becomes a programming to be used by Apple haters.

I've read from people I like that the iPad's wifi does not work and that you can burn your crotch with it!!!! Now where did this become truth? From stinking articles like this one...

10. brobar

brobar
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Outside of the beach when I used to live in CA... never! I do take my laptop to the park to work several times a month and I ALWAYS look for a bench or spot in the shade. Partly because I know laptop screens just glare in the sun but also because I'm whiter than white and burn easy. =)

Just pulling numbers out of my arse... but I would say the glare caused by sun for those who don't sit in the shade outside would probably effect less than 5% of all iPad users. Those that are intent on using their iPads while sunbathing will probably be disturbed more by the greasy streaks caused by their sun tan lotioned fingers than they will some glare on the screen.

It seems that a lot of these arguments against the iPad are rare occasions for *most* users. Yes if standing in a park while holding the iPad in one hand with the sun directly overhead and a train rolling by on the tracks your arm may get tired, your legs may get tired, you may get sun tan lotion streaks on your iPad and may not be able to hear the internal speakers... but how many times a day does that happen to all of us iPad users! About 5 times a day just speaking for myself! :D

This just in... iPad causes sun burns!