What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Art Studio for iPad

clinde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to make a simple dot for Pointillism (Dot Art) in Art Studio for iPad? I don't mean the brush that puts a zillion dots on your screen at once. Any idea how to make INDIVIDUAL dots? Thanks, Chris

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does seem determined to make you draw a line, doesn't it?

The closest I could come was use the pencil tool, and just barely move my finger. A small brush and zoomed in gets more-or-less dot-like results.

Or you could use a different app. I find Art Rage to be one of the better apps for trying to reproduce real-paint techniques. I could produce satifactory dots with nearly all the brush types; crayon, pencil, brush (two types), pen, felt pen, paint tube, and more.

suzycaboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is off the subject but still regarding Art Studio. I'm new to it. How do I take what's one layer, and get it into another layer?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking to do.

You can merge layers. Duplicate layers, and make new layers with a section from another layer. A combination of those will likely get you the results you want, but since I don't know what result you're after I can only guess at the best approach.

For instance, if you want some elements from two different layers (but not everything on those layers) to be combined in another layer, this would be the approach I'd take.

Use the select tool on the layer to select a section you want.
Use the Paste tool to create a new layer with that selection.
Repeat for each layer and element you want to put together.
Now merge those the new layers to create a new one.
Discard the old layers if you no longer need them.

You can use the Transform tool in the Edit menu to move the layers around before merging them, for a bit more fleixibilty.

There may be a better way to go about it, but Art Studio is just about my least used drawing app. I'm just adapting methods I use in other apps.

darrenky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to make a simple dot for Pointillism (Dot Art) in Art Studio for iPad? I don't mean the brush that puts a zillion dots on your screen at once. Any idea how to make INDIVIDUAL dots? Thanks, Chris
Hi. Sorry but can u tell me where to click to post a question? Ive looked everywhere.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Choose the FORUMS tab at the top of the site.
Pick the forum area that you think is most appropriate for your question or subject.
When you see the list of threads, look near the top right for the purple Post New Thread button, and click it.
Enter a descriptive subject.
Type away, and click the Post Reply button when done.

Most reactions

Latest posts