What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh!

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just picked up my mini to find a crack in the lower left corner! It's a hairline crack and it's not very big but I still notice it. I can't believe this. I haven't dropped it, mishandled it, nothing. In fact, I had picked it up to check Hay Day, laid it down on the table and came back to find the crack!

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The nearest apple store is an hour away. :( we do have a Mac Experience store that's closer though. Would they treat me the same, I wonder.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I won't bore you with the same advice you've given dozens of time. Good luck.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is disappointing. I can understand how you feel. It probably doesn't affect performance, but each time you pick it up you see it. It's annoying also not knowing how the store will handle the matter. I'm sure you'll bring home a new one;)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your glass may have been defective and may have cracked due to the buildup of internal stresses.

TommyGun619

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up my mini to find a crack in the lower left corner! It's a hairline crack and it's not very big but I still notice it. I can't believe this. I haven't dropped it, mishandled it, nothing. In fact, I had picked it up to check Hay Day, laid it down on the table and came back to find the crack!

Just take it back to the store. Should be under warranty

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an impact point? If not, you may be able to argue defect.

I assume it is on the front glass, right?

I hope you can get it fixed. I'd be heartbroken if mine did that.

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an impact point? If not, you may be able to argue defect.

I assume it is on the front glass, right?

I hope you can get it fixed. I'd be heartbroken if mine did that.

It's in the lower left corner, just on the bezel. I can't even feel it, but I'm worried it will spread.

TommyGun619

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my Mini, I think I would be upset if mine cracked as well. Sorry. Sounds like you didn't even do anything to damage it. Wonder what happened?

Most reactions