1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Argh ! Need help restoring firmware 4.3.3 pls ...

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Merk13, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Merk13

Merk13 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok my head is about to explode ... I am getting the dreaded 3194 error on restore but I think I have done everything right !

I am trying to restore to 4.3.3 which I have been running on pretty much since buying my iPad2 and I am jailbroken. I loaded a new app today and ever since then the pad has been stuck in reboot mode so I want to restore the iOS and start over, seems thats my only option at this point.

So I run the TSS Server on the latest Tiny Umbrella, downloaded a copy of 4.3.3 and "shift-click" the restore button on iTunes and select the 4.3.3 iOS when in dfu mode and the restore starts then it stops a few seconds later with a "Error 3194". I have my 4.3.3 SHSH saved in TU so that should be cool. I even edited the host file just in case and that didnt help.

I am totally baffled ??? [​IMG]

Thoughts ?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 0
    Take a look at this thread here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

Read the whole thing, but especially the paragraph titled "My iPad isn't new and I was previously jailbroken. Am I out of luck too?"

So, if you have a GSM iPad (the AT&T one), you should be able to create a custom firmware and then jail break. It's a bit more involved than just getting the regular 4.3.3 IPSW from here (or Apple).

Try the steps in the link I've attached - see if that does ya. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 0
    I KNEW you had a sticky/tutorial out there! Just couldn't find the durn thing! :D

Added to my Evernotes "Stickies" folder...

Thanks, f4780y.

Marilyn