What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh ! Need help restoring firmware 4.3.3 pls ...

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok my head is about to explode ... I am getting the dreaded 3194 error on restore but I think I have done everything right !

I am trying to restore to 4.3.3 which I have been running on pretty much since buying my iPad2 and I am jailbroken. I loaded a new app today and ever since then the pad has been stuck in reboot mode so I want to restore the iOS and start over, seems thats my only option at this point.

So I run the TSS Server on the latest Tiny Umbrella, downloaded a copy of 4.3.3 and "shift-click" the restore button on iTunes and select the 4.3.3 iOS when in dfu mode and the restore starts then it stops a few seconds later with a "Error 3194". I have my 4.3.3 SHSH saved in TU so that should be cool. I even edited the host file just in case and that didnt help.

I am totally baffled ???
confused.png

Thoughts ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at this thread here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

Read the whole thing, but especially the paragraph titled "My iPad isn't new and I was previously jailbroken. Am I out of luck too?"

So, if you have a GSM iPad (the AT&T one), you should be able to create a custom firmware and then jail break. It's a bit more involved than just getting the regular 4.3.3 IPSW from here (or Apple).

Try the steps in the link I've attached - see if that does ya. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I KNEW you had a sticky/tutorial out there! Just couldn't find the durn thing! :D

Added to my Evernotes "Stickies" folder...

Thanks, f4780y.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts