Argh I'm getting antsy!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Kamakzie, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekki

tekki
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    PayPal is the only way i ever pay for ebay

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    LOL no, I paid by Paypal with my credit card.

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You are fully covered by PayPal buyer protection.You should be able to open an item not received dispute in the PayPal resolution center as early as 7 days after sending payment.You have up to 45 days to open the dispute.open the dispute no later than day 43,to be safe.Once a dispute has been opened,you have up to 20 days to escalate to a claim.Once escalated,if the seller cannot provide a delivery confirmation number that show the item was successfully delivered to you,you should receive a full refund,including shipping costs.Once opened,close the dispute for no reason other than receipt of the item as once closed for any reason,a dispute cannot be re-opened.If you receive the item,you can close the dispute.If you receive the refund and later receive the item,you can return the refund to the seller.Using a credit card to fund your PayPal payment provides another layer of buyer protection in the form of a credit card chargeback,if the PayPal dispute process doesn't work.DO NOT try a credit card chargeback if you have an active PayPal dispute for the same item.Wait until the PayPal dispute has been closed first.

#13 scifan57, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. Kamakzie

Kamakzie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's what I figured. I just hope he/she responds soon or I get it in the mail Monday. I definitely don't want to jump the gun and buy another one in the meantime. Guess I just have to be patient which is hard!

5. Ry2mkk

Ry2mkk
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You have nerves of steel I'd be revved up and ready to pay him a visit lol I can't stand eBay anymore like previous posters have said , most sellers are lazy so hopefully it's all in the post for you and your shiny iPad is on its way to you.

How come you didn't pop down to a local store and buy one ...when I set my mind to something I want I'm too impatient to wait for the postal service , straight to the car and off I go spending my savings lol only to return home to my partner rolling her eyes saying " another gadget" lol

6. Kamakzie

Kamakzie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well I went to Best Buy to get one and they only had the 64GB model. I didn't really need one that big so I went home and ordered from this eBay person. I guess I should've just popped the extra $200 and got the 64GB model.. oh well..

7. jasmynsway

jasmynsway
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I really hope you get your stuff. The eBay complaint process really does protect you though. At least you don't be out any money.

8. Kamakzie

Kamakzie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just sent another email.. "Hello, I'm getting worried now with the lack of communication. I'm not trying to be rude but can you please let me know if this shipped or will I need to get a refund?" See if that wakes them up..

9. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What will definitely wake your seller up and show that you're serious is the notice he gets when you open the item not received dispute.Whatever you do,don't let the seller string you along until the 45 day time limit for opening a dispute expires.

10. Kamakzie

Kamakzie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'll wait till Wednesday and then file a claim. Well maybe Thursday to make sure its a full 7 days. If he was dumb enough not to write the tracking info down its not my problem. I will definitely not wait 45 days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.