Argh I'm getting antsy!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Kamakzie, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I ordered an Ipad 3G 16GB wifi on Wednesday night from eBay. I got it for $505 with shipping. The person had over 200 feedback and 100% positive in the last year. I emailed the person and asked when it would ship. They responded Thursday and I should get it Monday or Tuesday. Well impatient me I emailed on Thursday and asked for a tracking #. No response. I emailed again today, no response. There is now an electronic trail between me and the seller though eBay. Do you folks think I should contact eBay Monday if I haven't heard anything? If the seller fell though I'd rather get my $$ back and order from someplace else... *sigh*
  2. ipadlover9876

ipadlover9876 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would not buy any electronic stuff from eBay unless absolute must ... I would contact eBay but if I'm not mistaken eBay can't help you until a certain days needed to go by in order eBay to start investigate anything. I hope all will eventually work out for you. Best of luck!
  3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well I've bought electronics from eBay before and never had an issue. I just don't like it that the seller is no longer responding. Not a good sign. Maybe I will get lucky and get it tomorrow if they really did ship it on Thursday.
  4. Sweetchinmusic

Sweetchinmusic iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    10 days, that's how long I waited when the dude ran off with my money...that's why I only get things off amazon, unless I realllly have to get it off eBay
  5. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If I did get rolled I will probably get it from Worst Buy or Walmart. I guess I might still be okay. Guess we shall see soon.
  6. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I bet it will work out. My experience on buying expensive things on eBay (mostly RC helicopters) is usually the sellers are just lazy. I would put money on that when you get it the post mark date will be today or tomorrow. They most likely didn't put up the extra dollar to get the tracking number either. Yea, I have been through this many times myself. Gets frustrating, and yet, I continue to buy from eBay. Oh well, hope it works out.
  7. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Your into RC copters too eh? I kind of got into it hot and heavy for a while but kind of lost interest. I only fly my Mcx2 now but haven't in months. Anyways I've bought over 250 things on eBay and amazingly have never been ripped off yet. Hopefully this isn't the first but luckily I'm covered by the eBay protection. If not I can always have my CC company do a charge back.
  8. mandapandalove

mandapandalove iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I personally would never buy offline. Even Amazon and I order off there a lot. Just big purchases such as a ipad or anything more than 100 dollars I have a hard time trusting. I prefer going to a store with cash and getting the item as soon asI give the cash for the said item. But thats just me.
  9. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +467 / 0
    You must and I mean must contact eBay. Support if you paid by eBay you should be protected just log on and go to support
  10. Lyndon23

Lyndon23 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    How did this seller want paid? - please tell me you didn't send him 1,500,000 ugandan shillings via a Western Union account registered to his terminally ill relative? LOL :p
  11. tekki

tekki iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PayPal is the only way i ever pay for ebay
  12. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LOL no, I paid by Paypal with my credit card.
  13. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,435 / 1
    You are fully covered by PayPal buyer protection.You should be able to open an item not received dispute in the PayPal resolution center as early as 7 days after sending payment.You have up to 45 days to open the dispute.open the dispute no later than day 43,to be safe.Once a dispute has been opened,you have up to 20 days to escalate to a claim.Once escalated,if the seller cannot provide a delivery confirmation number that show the item was successfully delivered to you,you should receive a full refund,including shipping costs.Once opened,close the dispute for no reason other than receipt of the item as once closed for any reason,a dispute cannot be re-opened.If you receive the item,you can close the dispute.If you receive the refund and later receive the item,you can return the refund to the seller.Using a credit card to fund your PayPal payment provides another layer of buyer protection in the form of a credit card chargeback,if the PayPal dispute process doesn't work.DO NOT try a credit card chargeback if you have an active PayPal dispute for the same item.Wait until the PayPal dispute has been closed first.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  14. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's what I figured. I just hope he/she responds soon or I get it in the mail Monday. I definitely don't want to jump the gun and buy another one in the meantime. Guess I just have to be patient which is hard!
  15. Ry2mkk

Ry2mkk iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You have nerves of steel I'd be revved up and ready to pay him a visit lol I can't stand eBay anymore like previous posters have said , most sellers are lazy so hopefully it's all in the post for you and your shiny iPad is on its way to you.

How come you didn't pop down to a local store and buy one ...when I set my mind to something I want I'm too impatient to wait for the postal service , straight to the car and off I go spending my savings lol only to return home to my partner rolling her eyes saying " another gadget" lol
  16. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well I went to Best Buy to get one and they only had the 64GB model. I didn't really need one that big so I went home and ordered from this eBay person. I guess I should've just popped the extra $200 and got the 64GB model.. oh well..
  17. jasmynsway

jasmynsway iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I really hope you get your stuff. The eBay complaint process really does protect you though. At least you don't be out any money.
  18. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just sent another email.. "Hello, I'm getting worried now with the lack of communication. I'm not trying to be rude but can you please let me know if this shipped or will I need to get a refund?" See if that wakes them up..
  19. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,435 / 1
    What will definitely wake your seller up and show that you're serious is the notice he gets when you open the item not received dispute.Whatever you do,don't let the seller string you along until the 45 day time limit for opening a dispute expires.
  20. Kamakzie

Kamakzie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'll wait till Wednesday and then file a claim. Well maybe Thursday to make sure its a full 7 days. If he was dumb enough not to write the tracking info down its not my problem. I will definitely not wait 45 days!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.