What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh I'm getting antsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an Ipad 3G 16GB wifi on Wednesday night from eBay. I got it for $505 with shipping. The person had over 200 feedback and 100% positive in the last year. I emailed the person and asked when it would ship. They responded Thursday and I should get it Monday or Tuesday. Well impatient me I emailed on Thursday and asked for a tracking #. No response. I emailed again today, no response. There is now an electronic trail between me and the seller though eBay. Do you folks think I should contact eBay Monday if I haven't heard anything? If the seller fell though I'd rather get my $$ back and order from someplace else... *sigh*

ipadlover9876

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not buy any electronic stuff from eBay unless absolute must ... I would contact eBay but if I'm not mistaken eBay can't help you until a certain days needed to go by in order eBay to start investigate anything. I hope all will eventually work out for you. Best of luck!

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I've bought electronics from eBay before and never had an issue. I just don't like it that the seller is no longer responding. Not a good sign. Maybe I will get lucky and get it tomorrow if they really did ship it on Thursday.

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not buy any electronic stuff from eBay unless absolute must ... I would contact eBay but if I'm not mistaken eBay can't help you until a certain days needed to go by in order eBay to start investigate anything. I hope all will eventually work out for you. Best of luck!
10 days, that's how long I waited when the dude ran off with my money...that's why I only get things off amazon, unless I realllly have to get it off eBay

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I did get rolled I will probably get it from Worst Buy or Walmart. I guess I might still be okay. Guess we shall see soon.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I did get rolled I will probably get it from Worst Buy or Walmart. I guess I might still be okay. Guess we shall see soon.

I bet it will work out. My experience on buying expensive things on eBay (mostly RC helicopters) is usually the sellers are just lazy. I would put money on that when you get it the post mark date will be today or tomorrow. They most likely didn't put up the extra dollar to get the tracking number either. Yea, I have been through this many times myself. Gets frustrating, and yet, I continue to buy from eBay. Oh well, hope it works out.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet it will work out. My experience on buying expensive things on eBay (mostly RC helicopters) is usually the sellers are just lazy. I would put money on that when you get it the post mark date will be today or tomorrow. They most likely didn't put up the extra dollar to get the tracking number either. Yea, I have been through this many times myself. Gets frustrating, and yet, I continue to buy from eBay. Oh well, hope it works out.

Your into RC copters too eh? I kind of got into it hot and heavy for a while but kind of lost interest. I only fly my Mcx2 now but haven't in months. Anyways I've bought over 250 things on eBay and amazingly have never been ripped off yet. Hopefully this isn't the first but luckily I'm covered by the eBay protection. If not I can always have my CC company do a charge back.

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally would never buy offline. Even Amazon and I order off there a lot. Just big purchases such as a ipad or anything more than 100 dollars I have a hard time trusting. I prefer going to a store with cash and getting the item as soon asI give the cash for the said item. But thats just me.

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an Ipad 3G 16GB wifi on Wednesday night from eBay. I got it for $505 with shipping. The person had over 200 feedback and 100% positive in the last year. I emailed the person and asked when it would ship. They responded Thursday and I should get it Monday or Tuesday. Well impatient me I emailed on Thursday and asked for a tracking #. No response. I emailed again today, no response. There is now an electronic trail between me and the seller though eBay. Do you folks think I should contact eBay Monday if I haven't heard anything? If the seller fell though I'd rather get my $$ back and order from someplace else... *sigh*

How did this seller want paid? - please tell me you didn't send him 1,500,000 ugandan shillings via a Western Union account registered to his terminally ill relative? LOL :p

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did this seller want paid? - please tell me you didn't send him 1,500,000 ugandan shillings via a Western Union account registered to his terminally ill relative? LOL :p

LOL no, I paid by Paypal with my credit card.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
LOL no, I paid by Paypal with my credit card.

You are fully covered by PayPal buyer protection.You should be able to open an item not received dispute in the PayPal resolution center as early as 7 days after sending payment.You have up to 45 days to open the dispute.open the dispute no later than day 43,to be safe.Once a dispute has been opened,you have up to 20 days to escalate to a claim.Once escalated,if the seller cannot provide a delivery confirmation number that show the item was successfully delivered to you,you should receive a full refund,including shipping costs.Once opened,close the dispute for no reason other than receipt of the item as once closed for any reason,a dispute cannot be re-opened.If you receive the item,you can close the dispute.If you receive the refund and later receive the item,you can return the refund to the seller.Using a credit card to fund your PayPal payment provides another layer of buyer protection in the form of a credit card chargeback,if the PayPal dispute process doesn't work.DO NOT try a credit card chargeback if you have an active PayPal dispute for the same item.Wait until the PayPal dispute has been closed first.

Last edited:
OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I figured. I just hope he/she responds soon or I get it in the mail Monday. I definitely don't want to jump the gun and buy another one in the meantime. Guess I just have to be patient which is hard!

Ry2mkk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have nerves of steel I'd be revved up and ready to pay him a visit lol I can't stand eBay anymore like previous posters have said , most sellers are lazy so hopefully it's all in the post for you and your shiny iPad is on its way to you.

How come you didn't pop down to a local store and buy one ...when I set my mind to something I want I'm too impatient to wait for the postal service , straight to the car and off I go spending my savings lol only to return home to my partner rolling her eyes saying " another gadget" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts