What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argggh I'm a total muppet - bought Apple iPad 1 instead of 2 - Advice Needed

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Keep it! I have both iPad 1 and iPad 2 and we use whichever one is available at the time we need to use it. I do not notice the difference in speed at all.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every State has a remorse period ... usually 3 days or more.

NO they do not, that is a old wise tail. What a few states do have is a cool off time for items sold door to door. In other words if some person comes to your door/home and trys to sell you something depending on your state you MIGHT be able to cancel the order with in 72 hours . .. . . . MAYBE.

I am not familiar with Argos ...
Because its a store in the UK

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great news! IPad 1 is still a classic and I'm glad you've joined the original club!

I don't mind being a muppet with you!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

mikejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would stick with the iPad 1 instead of taking a price cut for no reason really. Wait for the iPad 3 then sell it. If you don't need the camera on the iPad 2, it's not really worth it.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You seem happy with it now but I reckon you had a chance for a refund if you were prepared to stay your ground. Especially at a place like Argos.

Where did it say your return options are nullified if you remove the outer wrapping?

Was it clear when you made the purchase that it was a superseded model?

But if you're happy just stick it in a folio wallet style cover and no one will know.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JWKessler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rudinater said:
NO they do not, that is a old wise tail. What a few states do have is a cool off time for items sold door to door. In other words if some person comes to your door/home and trys to sell you something depending on your state you MIGHT be able to cancel the order with in 72 hours . .. . . . MAYBE.

Because its a store in the UK

Old "wives" tale.

Reaction score
I don't mind being a muppet with you!

Yup yup. I'm one of the grumpy old men from the Muppet show. Happily humming the Muppet Show theme song in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUwHyEd-wAQ&feature=youtu.be

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn, I've got the tune in my head now, Mark!

Most reactions

Latest posts