Argggh I'm a total muppet - bought Apple iPad 1 instead of 2 - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by sweetanimo, Jun 8, 2011.

1. sweetanimo

sweetanimo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Bought Apple iPad 64gb WiFi from Argos today thinking it was the iPad 2. Only realised my mistake when I took it out of the box and thought it a tad heavy! 'Am now trying to sell it as Argos won't take it back as i took sellophane off. The sellophane around the iPad itself is intact.

Should I just keep it and put it down to experience or to lose about £100 selling it and putting the rest towards the iPad 2.

I would only really use it to store photos, watch films, surf the net, play games etc...

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!!

2. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    If you don't need the camera etc... IPad original is still a classic. It will do everything you need it for! There are loads of us on here who still own this one. It does everything the 2 does, it may do it slower but I don't hear everyone complaining. I'd keep it if I were you and sell it when the 3 comes out next spring!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

3. DefBref

DefBref
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The ipad 1 is still a very capable machine and will do all of your intended uses with little problem.

Remember it is only a little over a year old (wifi version was launched in the US april 2010).

4. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you will be just fine.
    The Ipad 1 will get ios5 and unless, as posted above, you want a camera, you can save some big money on Ipad 1 cases and accessories.
    I prefer the feel in hand of the 1 over the 2. The 2 felt even more like I was going to drop it all the time when not in any sort of cover or case and,imo ymmv, the Ipad 1 build quality is better. I like physical clips holding stuff together vs glue only

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Too funny.

6. JWKessler

JWKessler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You should have gotten a bit of a price break at least, since it was the previous model.

7. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Oh no! Maybe Argos will take it back for a reasonable restocking fee? Try talking to a different person perhaps. Or maybe talk to Apple directly, after all, these are mistakes that we all make.

I don't use the cameras as much as I thought I would on the 2, and as the others have indicated, the iPad 1 is a masterpiece of sorts.

8. autumnbaby

autumnbaby
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Did you at least get a discount? Or was it the same price as an ipad2?

9. madhatter61

madhatter61
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Every State has a remorse period ... usually 3 days or more. I am not familiar with Argos ... is it a brick and mortar or on-line sight. The iPads are in closeout. Did you get a deal.... like $350?

You can always sell it, but we understand the hassle.

10. zorah

zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm another very happy iPad 1 user who can echo the sentiments that in and of itself, you'd probably be just as happy and unless the camera was a must-have, you'll hardly notice the difference. As Hayles66 stated-none of us are complaining. I didn't just suddenly think my 1 became slow the minute the 2 came out. It didn't affect me at all-I didn't have any complaints about speed before and I don't now.
    That said, if you were charged for the 2, and decide to keep the 1, yeah-then the store would owe you as you did not pay for the device you received, but it sounds like you made the error on your end, so then the ball is in your court whether to return it or not. Totally up to you depending on your preferences in terms of gaming and the camera.