What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Zagg Invisibleshields Defective for IPad 2?

Jo.Booty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone received a replacement that fits? Zagg has great customer service and they have been very help to me in the past. I still would recommend their products 100%.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I received a replacement screen in the mail yesterday.. It came in a retail package. Not sure I'll install it since I used the invisible shield from my 1st-gen iPad. It covers the camera but so what, it's clear :)

Acuratech78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but is it possible to get just the back cover? As i have seen on the thread I also agree that I do not think there is any need for a cover over the gorilla glass. If something is strong enough to scratch the gorilla glass then I am sure it is strong enough to penetrate the supposed "protective cover".

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but is it possible to get just the back cover? As i have seen on the thread I also agree that I do not think there is any need for a cover over the gorilla glass. If something is strong enough to scratch the gorilla glass then I am sure it is strong enough to penetrate the supposed "protective cover".

There are several, but so far the only back cover that claims to work with Smart Cases is the Marware Microshell. It's supposed to ship the first of April.

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jo.Booty said:
I received a replacement screen in the mail yesterday.. It came in a retail package. Not sure I'll install it since I used the invisible shield from my 1st-gen iPad. It covers the camera but so what, it's clear :)

Do you know if it will fit properly? Thanks for your response.

Jo.Booty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jo.Booty said:

Do you know if it will fit properly? Thanks for your response.

Looks like holes on the replacement screen are properly aligned...

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There are several, but so far the only back cover that claims to work with Smart Cases is the Marware Microshell. It's supposed to ship the first of April.

I had Ghost Armor installed on the back and screen and the Smart Cover works just fine. I can pick up my iPad by the cover and it stays on. I did this as a test and don't do it or recommend doing it. :D

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jo.Booty said:
Looks like holes on the replacement screen are properly aligned...

Thank you. Still haven't received mine. How long did it take after you ordered to receive? Thanks

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KHB1 said:
Thank you. Still haven't received mine. How long did it take after you ordered to receive? Thanks

Update: Received my replacement today. It fits well.

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Zagg sells the back cover separately. I just installed one on my iPad 2 and it looks great. The only issue is it doesn't cover the corners at all. Looking at their site it seems like the "Maximum Protection" skin is the one that covers the corners, but they don't sell that in a "back only" version. I could replace my existing one and for $10 get the Maximum Protection version, but I'd really be paying the $10 just for corner protection since I won't use the front screen protector. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth it?

Most reactions

Latest posts