Are you Viewing this on your iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by Hudmaster, Sep 28, 2010.

?

Are you on ipadforums.net via your iPad?

  1. Yes

    73.9%
  2. No

    26.1%
  1. Hudmaster

    Hudmaster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Messages:
    47
    Thanks Received:
    0
    How many of you are really taking advantage of Safari?
     
  2. DaWeav

    DaWeav
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2010
    Messages:
    26
    Thanks Received:
    0
    I'm actually subscribing via ipadforums RSS feed with Google Reader to view new threads. When I see a good topic, I then jump to the forums and respond or just subscribe via thread tools to the thread to get notifications of new posts. So, I can use my desktop with Google Reader, or River of News on the iPad. River of News pulls my Google Reader feeds, and has a built in browser feature which makes it easy to post and subscribe to threads. I decided on River of News for my iPad RSS reader over all the others available because it's what I like, but there are plenty of other RSS readers for the iPad. Also, using RSS feeds is much more lightweight on bandwidth when I'm using my Android 3g WiFi tether with my iPad. Not to mention that all of the email notifications to the threads I subscribe to are text based. Keeps participation in forums nice and bandwidth light!
     
  3. Bogy

    Bogy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    Messages:
    85
    Thanks Received:
    0
    I am viewing this on my iPad, but I am using Atomic Web, not Safari.
     
  4. epb

    epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

    Joined:
    May 15, 2010
    Messages:
    888
    Thanks Received:
    18
    iPad yes, Safari no.
     
  5. SweetPoison

    SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    Messages:
    14,913
    Thanks Received:
    133
  6. Hasty

    Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2010
    Messages:
    2,266
    Thanks Received:
    22
    Yes, yes.
     
  7. Mickey330

    Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Messages:
    11,876
    Thanks Received:
    2,189
    I'm here with the iPad, but using Atomic Browser. Ever so much easier to see a topic I like and click to open the tab in bakground. That way, I just read all at once (versus Safari's open/close, open/close, op......)

    Marilyn
     
  8. Hudmaster

    Hudmaster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Messages:
    47
    Thanks Received:
    0
    I guess I should check out Atomic Web, it seems to be quite good...
     
  9. deckyon

    deckyon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2010
    Messages:
    612
    Thanks Received:
    2
    Actually, about 75% of the time it is from my iPad. the other 25% is from my laptop. It just depends on where I am and what I am working on.
     
  10. Hudmaster

    Hudmaster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Messages:
    47
    Thanks Received:
    0
    I think I'm about the same, but maybe more like 60% and 40%
     

Share This Page