Are You Using Your IPad 2 More After iOS 7 Update?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by cruiser111, Sep 27, 2013.

1. cruiser111

cruiser111 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    My go to tablets are the Kindle Fire HD 7, Nook HD+ (With dual boot AFN SD card) and the now sweet iPad 2.

Before iOS 7 was using the iPad 2 not that much. Amongst other things, the new Control Panel changed that. What a great convevience addition! Especially the WiFi on/off access. Now am using the nifty iPad 2 at least 60% more than before the terrific update.

Anyone else using their iPad 2 more?

2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,303 / 1
    My iPad 2 and my iPad mini are always being used on a daily basis. If both of these are not available for use, I use my iPhone. All running iOS 7. My daily usage has not change with iOS updates. I use is just as much as before.

3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I cant see the great thrill of the new control panel.

I use my ipad2 about 7 hours (on and off) daily. Ios7 is ok, but not life changing. For me, take it or leave it.

4. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,078 / 0
    HTML:

Just upgraded my iPad 2 last night - will do wife's iPad Mini this weekend (she needs to delete a LOT of crap before I want to proceed) - do not expect us to change our habits at all (not using other tablets) - Dave :)

5. cruiser111

cruiser111 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Each to his own. Having had other tablets, from day one with the iPad 2 I was searching for a WiFi button for the home page or ideally in the notification center, with no luck. Interestingly, with another tablet having a WiFi on/off button readily available, found myself opting for that tablet when doing a quick weather check or looking at something online. Quicker activation of WiFi made that much difference? Yes, apparently it did.

While the update has a number of other nice benefits, that's what brought the iPad 2 back into play. We are, after all, creatures of convenience.

6. Diesel

Diesel iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got two iPads, one with IOS 7 and one IOS 6. The one with IOS 7 collects dust. I was going to upgrade to an ipad 4/5 and 5S phone but instead, I'm going to make do with the pad using IOS 6 and buy a Galaxy S4.