What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you still happy with wifi?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a wifi lover. Never got into the "G" thing. Unless I missed something I find it to be atrociously expensive. Sure, there are times when I'll have no internet connection. Not the end of the world.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I probable use WiFi 90% of the time but I value my mobile connection. I spend 2-3 days on the road per week.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Wi-Fi Only for home and office use. I connect via iPad & PC via 3g mini router when on the move.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I ever need to connect when I have no WiFi connection (hasn't happened yet), I'll just tether it to my phone using the personal hotspot feature.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had an Ipad One 64 GB wifi only for two years. I occasionally used my husband's hot spot on his phone to tether, primarily when traveling, but decided to buy the Three with 3G. I opted to buy only 1 GB from Verizon and ended up using only 15% this month which ended yesterday. We have only 3G but I did get to try LTE Saturday and found it was quite fast (though not particularly unhappy with 3G when I have it and at least 2 bars) and will enjoy it when we get it end of summer.

I'm glad I bought the 3G. We have lots of free wifi available in area businesses, libraries, DT square area but when I want connection its there. I wouldn't want to use it for all my data needs but its certainly a good supplement. OTOH, I could get along fine with wifi only in my immediate area--not necessarily so in some other cities or rural areas unless I used it at home or office only.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just bought another wifi so yes, I do love wifi. Don't travel much and work and home has wifi. No need for 3G

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

haozoudao1988

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a unlocked iPhone you can use MyWi, it uses your 3G data plan on your phone and turns it into a WiFi Hot Spot....so the idea is you can use your normal WiFi iPad and pick up your iPhone as a hotspot T-Bone

Fedricwalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using wifi and 3G service both for my iPad. In the office and home, always using wifi connection and where this connection is not available I used 3G on that time to connected with internet world always.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Believe it or not, my LTE connection on the new iPad is faster than the Wi-Fi at work. The work Wi-Fi is about as fast as my old DSL connection. That says a lot for AT&T's LTE speeds, at least here in Southern California. I only wish I could get AT&T's earlier plan. I am stuck at $30 for three GB per month. I only turned it on when the Internet went out at work about a month ago. Now my month is about up and I can't bring myself to cancel it LOL! Only using 1 GB of the 3 GB available.

I have noticed that my Wi-Fi seems to work better than other people's iPads. My new iPad was able to maintain a Wi-Fi connection, when another iPad 2 could not. There is one conference room at work where the Wi-Fi connection is quite weak.

All in all I've been lucky with my new third-generation iPad!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skallal said:
Believe it or not, my LTE connection on the new iPad is faster than the Wi-Fi at work. The work Wi-Fi is about as fast as my old DSL connection. That says a lot for AT&T's LTE speeds, at least here in Southern California. I only wish I could get AT&T's earlier plan. I am stuck at $30 for three GB per month. I only turned it on when the Internet went out at work about a month ago. Now my month is about up and I can't bring myself to cancel it LOL! Only using 1 GB of the 3 GB available.

I have noticed that my Wi-Fi seems to work better than other people's iPads. My new iPad was able to maintain a Wi-Fi connection, when another iPad 2 could not. There is one conference room at work where the Wi-Fi connection is quite weak.

All in all I've been lucky with my new third-generation iPad!

Lucky? I think you have not been unlucky.....my stuff works....as I expect....as did my iPad 2. That doesn't make me lucky.....it makes others who can't say that unlucky as millions and millions are not having any problems at all.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am shocked at how much faster the wi-fi is with my new ipad than it is with my 4 year old Dell laptop. Nice. I've never owned a tablet, and I assumed I would need USB or memory stick slots. Not. Wi-fi can do anything.

Most reactions