What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As title states at the moment I'm looking for a crystal clear screen protector for front and back like zagg shield.So how are you gonna flaunt your iPad?:)

violetrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.onesixthcouture.com
No nudity for mine. After having my iPod for year in a silicone case then my iPhone in a hard case, both ended up with scratches to boot and somehow crap under the cases, I think this time I am going for a nice leather case that can turn into a stand. Still prowling for something nice that stands out without being gawdy or blingified....

Kayla - still waiting

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TPS silicone backs for my two iPads and my husband's iPad. That's all.

I don't like extra bulk, weight or flaps. His pretty much stays on the kitchen counter.

I use a generic netbook sleeve when toting around my iPads in my bag. If I carry them both for some reason, I usually slip them both into the same sleeve.

If I had to carry around a device like a Faberge egg, I wouldn't bother using it.

djroyjax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought the original iPad last month. Still going naked... I've seen too many friends with iPads with the protective film on it... and it has lots of bubbles. I'm thinking about a neoprene sleeve for it so I can just slide it in and out when I need it. I like holding the actual item in my hands as it was meant to be held.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought the original iPad last month. Still going naked... I've seen too many friends with iPads with the protective film on it... and it has lots of bubbles.

That's because the filter wasn't installed properly. I've installed both glossy and matte protective screens on three iPads (including my own), not to mention iPhones and iPods, and all them them went on flawlessly.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
djroyjax said:
Just bought the original iPad last month. Still going naked... I've seen too many friends with iPads with the protective film on it... and it has lots of bubbles. I'm thinking about a neoprene sleeve for it so I can just slide it in and out when I need it. I like holding the actual item in my hands as it was meant to be held.

I sorta agree with this. Although currently I have a screen protector, apple smart cover and joy cover on my ipad2. I like my iPad to be covered but I'm thinking about removing the screen protector. I don't really like the way it feels with it on... And also I just removed the screen protector on my iPod touch today after almost 2 years of it on and it really surprised me how great it felt without it on. It was also much more clearer and brighter as well. Maybe in the future I'll buy another one but for now it will go bare (not completely bare as there is back protection). But anyways, I'm thinking of removing the screen protector on my iPad. I miss the way it actually feels lol.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Mstealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't cover my Ipad but need it to avoid damaging my Ipad.

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folding leather case FTW. Naked screen and a stylus.
I find the naked unit to be slippery.
I want mine to stay scratchless and in near new condition.
The screen is tough and protected by my case.

violetrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.onesixthcouture.com
Just bought the original iPad last month. Still going naked... I've seen too many friends with iPads with the protective film on it... and it has lots of bubbles.

That's because the filter wasn't installed properly. I've installed both glossy and matte protective screens on three iPads (including my own), not to mention iPhones and iPods, and all them them went on flawlessly.
Credit/ATM cards work wonders as a makeshift squeegee to remove air bubbles during appplication. I have installed protective screens on various touch sensitive devices with no bubbles. Another trick, work from one edge or corner up and pull off the backing as needed, not pull all off and then try to put it on.

Kayla - still waiting

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i get my ipad i will be installing a screen protector and a skin cover for the back part and also getting a case/stand.

im putting down almost $750 for the 64gb model and i want to protect my investment with all that i can. when i got the zune HD, the first thing i did was install a protective case and the thing still looks brand spanking new. im a little OCD, so i cant stand scratches on any of my electronics.

violetrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.onesixthcouture.com
when i get my ipad i will be installing a screen protector and a skin cover for the back part and also getting a case/stand.

im putting down almost $750 for the 64gb model and i want to protect my investment with all that i can. when i got the zune HD, the first thing i did was install a protective case and the thing still looks brand spanking new. im a little OCD, so i cant stand scratches on any of my electronics.
Best to be a little OCD and protect your goods in case you ever want to sell them at a later date. If they are in near mint condition, it shoudl fetch a bit higher value.

Kayla - still waiting

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Smart cover and thin skin on back. No screen protector.....that's a waste on an iPad, which is all about the screen. Also, added bulk on an iPad 2 defeats the reason for owning it.

Most reactions

Latest posts