What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you getting high battery drain?

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was finding under ios8 that my battery on my ipad2 seemed to be draining a lot quicker than it used to.
I always leave "Settings-General-Background app refresh" switched off, and guess what!......ios8 had switched it back on again!

Worth checking if you're having battery problems.

Update: Don't know if it's due to this, but I notice my ipad2 has now regained its former speed.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just spoke to a friend in the UK and he updated his iPad mini. He says that his run fine and fast with the iOS 8 update. So good to hear that you're noticing the same! :)

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also updates turn on Bluetooth, so check it as it can drain batteries vey noticeably. Also you might want to check notifications an location devices in the settings app.

I thought iOS 8 had slowed my iPad, but after 2 or 3 necessary resets it seems to be getting back to normal. Maybe a bit like getting a new pair of shoes and getting them worn in ! ? ! ? Ha, ha !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too noticed that after pretty much any OS update things get turned back ON even if they were off previously. Not a huge deal but I'm not sure why that happens. Some kind of default thing or whatever.

As for the battery performance? It was great on my Air before and is the same with the latest OS. All good here!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm finding too that my iPad 2 is adjusting into its new iOS update. At first things were very choppy and slow to respond. However, it's improved with some minor lag issues. Other than that, battery life is the same from ios 7.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in battery life since the update on any of my devices, and I have certain things turned on that tend to decrease it, namely push notifications and background app refresh for certain apps.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life since the 8.0 update on my Air seems better. I normally plug in to recharge over night, forgot last night and the Air was still at 50 percent this morning. I like the battery usage element in Settings.

GregP507

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined this forum to complain about this problem. Before the iOS 8 updates my iPad Mini didn't drain the battery at all when the cover of the Zagg Folio was closed. Now it drains at least 25% a day when I'm not using it. I often find the display illuminated when I open the cover and the unit feels warm. The blue light on the Zagg Folio is often blinking too, something which never happened before the updates.

I realize that shutting off Bluetooth is an option, but I didn't have to before, and I don't want to do it now. I want to be able to use the Bluetooth keyboard whenever I start to use the iPad.

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
funny, as much as I'm dislike my ipad after ios 8. I can say that my battery and heat issues have gotten better.

GregP507

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take it to apple sounds like magnetic cover not working
Magnetic cover works fine. The problem is the way the Bluetooth keyboard interacts with the iPad, turning it on while the cover is closed. It didn't do that before the update. Not Apple's problem, I admit, and I doubt if there's a firmware fix for the Zagg, but I'd like a better fix than switching off Bluetooth.

Most reactions

Latest posts