What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you buying the iPad 2?

Are you buying an iPad 2?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 389 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 14.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 10.8%

• Total voters

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iponder ipad

Well said, Rambler...

You've cleared up two of my dilemmas:

1) White minimizes fingerprints! Nice

2) I have U-verse plus ATT wireless so it's good to hear ATT's 3g is better than Verizon's. I live where both have excellent coverage.

Those remaining:

1) Leather smart cover vs "plastic" (I like the orange...kinda) With plastic I could have more than one... Going to drop ipad in my purse so which will stay cleaner...red is so sharp! Tan is classy...

I have an iphone4, 32gb so I don't need storage for music. I think 16gb + 3g will do fine...

So I guess I'll go order one from Apple online. Anyone want to muddy the waters?

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"I live where both have excellent coverage."
Don't you want 3G for where you don't live?

I'm getting mine next Friday. I Hope. :D

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See? ...waters are muddy

"Where I live" means I live in central Ohio, travel to Pittsburgh PA often and sometimes NY, NY. Heard in these forums ATT 3G is much faster than Verizon. Verizon is older, I guess. I was in Indianapolis last weekend for Big Ten Tournament and I couldn't get a signal on my ip4 in the arena while Verizon users all around me could.

I was ready to go with Verizon but now I'm glad I didn't. Also perused ipad tracking database and so many more ppl ordered ATT than Verizon.

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely buying one. I just can't decide whether to go with the 3G or wifi version. Luckily I have enough time to decide until it will get to Europe.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which model to choose?

Definitely buying one. I just can't decide whether to go with the 3G or wifi version. Luckily I have enough time to decide until it will get to Europe.
Food for thought:
1. The GSM models with Sim card are much more widely available in foreign countries ... CMDA is heavy used in USA and in just a few other countries. ATT is GSM, Verizon, Sprint, are CDMA. Wi-Fi is free, all 3G models if tied to a carrier have monthly costs ... that is obvious. Battery life suffers slightly with the 3G models.
2. the phone carrier networks are continuing to upgrade for faster speed ... i.e. 4G ... but none of the iPads are 4G compatible. These speed upgrade are nice, but they demand a lot more power ... battery life drops significantly ... like 2-3 hours instead of 10.
3. If a GPS is important, only comes with 3G radios.
4. Wi-Fi is reported to have a bit better audio clarity ... probably not a biggie.
5. Even though many criticize the camera quality it works for video conferencing and visiting live with friends and family is really nice. They will need Apple devices as that is the only way FaceTime works.

Enjoy your new iPad2.:)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I won't be getting the iPad II

A while back I decided to get out of the upgrade rat race... I've been 'first on the block' for quite a few years when it comes to buying many of the newly introduced electronic gadgets.

I'll probably hang on to my version 1 iPad until the iPad 3 or iPad 4 is released. The iPad I have now does everything I want it to do. The other thing I'm waiting for is for a 4G iPad.. That's probably when I'll buy.

Last edited:

brlowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I was going to get one because my wife wanted an Ipad too but after waiting a little over a week now I was not that excited by the ipad 2 and then ATT started selling the Ipad 1 64gb 3G model for 529 so I jumped on that. So nope not getting an ipad 2. I will wait for the next version and see what it has on it.

AnthonyJS02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im going to buy it, was close to getting one today. Called my local best buy and they had the 16gb. Im waiting out for a black 32gb wifi, will take 3g if they have it.

Most reactions

Latest posts