What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a new MEMBER??? PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!

amw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to post a new member thread. I cannot fill in comment section only subject. What am i doing wrong? Completely new to forums

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Just thought I would kick #4 of Colin's OP. We have numerous threads out on the same topics!

Please folks ~ READ!

4) Search Search Search!!! I cannot stress this enough! There are many threads on this forum don't start a new thread just because your too lazy to search....(they will be removed without notice)

I used the search and yes I found the answer.

meta4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great site!

Any other recommendations for how to books besides the manual? I see the dummy books in the bookstores, also other manuals.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The manual is good and covers all the basics of the iPad operation. Probably what you'll need are manuals or instructions to help you with the apps. For example, Apple's iWorks suite for the iPad has a very useful set of on-line help pages at the Apple site and several of the apps have downloadable user documentation. There's also a whole load of tips and 'tricks' on this Forum - there's even a dedicated thread for them.

Tim

ruma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello- I am new to this--have a first generation iPod...which is my only Apple product so far...but have good reason to believe that family are planning to gift me with an iPad2 (much to my delight) while I am on holiday in the US (I am residing in Australia) Have been advised that if it is a US 3G model, it will not work in Australia; but if a 3G model was purchased in Australia it would work in the US---does this make sense? It sounds counter intuitive.... can anyone explain...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello- I am new to this--have a first generation iPod...which is my only Apple product so far...but have good reason to believe that family are planning to gift me with an iPad2 (much to my delight) while I am on holiday in the US (I am residing in Australia) Have been advised that if it is a US 3G model, it will not work in Australia; but if a 3G model was purchased in Australia it would work in the US---does this make sense? It sounds counter intuitive.... can anyone explain...

There are two 3G models available in the US - Verizon and AT&T. The Verizon model uses a 3G technology that only works in the US and a very few other countries - but not Australia. The AT&T model uses GSM and that will work just fine in Australia. Several Australian Members have bought iPads in the US and have used them without any problems whatsoever in Australia.

Tim

Wharton

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am a new user of the iPad 2. And I need help in setting up my new play toy. I'm retired and enjoy my computer, Photography and hopefully my new iPad.:)

Wharton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need Assistance

I am using Bellsouth.net on my computer and would like the same email address on my iPad. Can't figure out how to set it up. I am using Windows Live Mail.:confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts