What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a new MEMBER??? PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!

cwkjr2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an intro

Glad to have found you all.

I just purchased my iPad 2 Tuesday.... And I love it...

I already use a Verizon iPhone 4 so you all know I know my way around iTunes and apps, etc.

Also, I 've been around computers since the apple II days but I have been "married" to the PC because of my chosen field of technology and engineering.

Now I get to choose....LOL

C. W.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! We are glad to have you as part of this forum! Here are a few tips to get you started!

Ipadforums.net is committed to helping you maximize your enjoyment of your iPad. The best way to get a good answer is to ask a good question!

1) Download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --
Apple - Support - Manuals

ipad_manual.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

2) Be descriptive in the topic title. A title such as HELP!!! is not very, well, helpful! If you do post or create a thread please be complete.. :example

Q: Why is my ipad crashing??

Correct Q: My iPad is jailbroken and when i open facebook it crashes.

3) In the body of your post, be sure to include whether your iPad is "stock" or jailbroken. This forum fully supports your right to jailbreak your iPad and there is no reason to keep it a secret. It may be the source of your issues and we won't know that unless you tell us.

4) Search Search Search!!! I cannot stress this enough! There are many threads on this forum don't start a new thread just because your too lazy to search....(they will be removed without notice)

5) Installous isn't a topic that can be discussed here on the ipadforums.

It is important that one understands this is a private forum so we ask that you read our rules:

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Finally if you are new to Apple and itunes it is recommended to read this thread as it provides many answers to basic questions regarding itunes.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/3470-ipad-absolute-beginners.html

Thank you for reading this thread.

Col.bris Super Moderator

I just wanted to bump this very informative post from Colin. I wanted to add too ~

Please take a moment and see what section you are posting in and if it applies to your topic ~ Do you have the correct section/forum?

Thanks!:)

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello the CAMP

Cord here, a new iPad user from Chicago, USA. This is my first Apple product..don't know why I waited so long. I am retired and trying not to be too much of a bother to the kids.:D

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
aylike28 said:
What is Jail Break really? I just have my iPhone and iPad for my bro.

There are plenty of stickies....in the hacking section. I would paste a link but unable to copy links when using the ipf app. But basicallly jailbreak is freeing the idevice from all the controls of apple's "walled garden".
Have a peek at the links in my sig for a closer look at what you can do.

Buck Atari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello every one. This is my first post. I'm used to forums as I've been playing guitar for 50 years and haunt guitar forums. I've been messing with computers for about 10 years and have proven to myself countless times that I am a supreme dummy. I've accidentally learned everything I know except for what I had to read about. I suscribe to magazines and they help. When it comes to knowledgeable friends,...I don't have any. They're all a bunch of knowledgeable snobs looking down their noses at me so I quit asking. They're all a bunch of jerks. It's probably all my fault for all those stupid questions back then.

So,...that's me. I hope I don't bore any one.

I just got my iPad2. I already have a 4 year old MacBook Pro and 3 other working PC's.

BA

Yelltran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am older type person new on here.I have
Dell Laptop,Iphone 4 and tomorrow should
receive my 32gb ipad2.I was offered a good
deal on an ipad 1 but stuck out for 2 hope
I made best choice are these 2 versions
worth it ?

Tony

kim V.

iPF Noob
Reaction score

:) Thanks you for the new info. I am a Physical Therapist and looking for apps that will help me in my practice. If there is anyone out there already using the iPad in there clinic and have suggestions for apps, I would love to here from you.

Thanks in advance:D

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to this forum and also to the iPad series and this thread is helpful. In fact, my pad doesn't arrive until later this month but I decided to start learning now. Been using Apple products since 1984 so yes, I'm old. No longer a prop head but I do hold my own. Anywho, glad to be here so now it's my turn to learn from you guys.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts