What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

Kat___H

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
Windows, if macs were cheaper id probably be using one!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Take into account the software you need to install on your windows computers to make it worthwhile to use and it starts hiking up the price. And it is usually out of date by the time you get them home :) sorry I'm an avid apple fan!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wish i could afford a mac. always loved the style and the new ones are hot ! even if i got a mac air i would love it. just to say that "yeah im a apple fanboy"

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my new laptop showing up tmo is half the price of the cheapest mac, I dont use any software that I do not already own so for me that is a lot cheaper then dropping $1000 that honestly in this day and age not many can afford. No matter how well they may be built.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that link Poser. I need all the help I can get. But I don't have the time to get into them right now so I'm saving all of them for when I get back from a holiday. Thanks again

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
how much is the cheapest Mac?

A grand is what i have found, I know they are built like a tank though.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Really, give it a chance. I've been on my iPad so much I keep trying to swipe the screen. I've got to get into it more. Lion is so much better now. But it really is so different to windows.

After enduring the transition from clicking to tapping on a trackpad, I then had to get used to tapping and swiping on a screen and I also find myself swiping the screen of my laptop which I use less than 5% of the time on a daily basis. Dealing with the cord on the mouse connected to the Windows computers at work is so much more of a hassle though.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did the apple store show you around?

i came from windows, and in my opinion....Mac is easier to learn than Windows, its way more simple to understand, too bad you don't wanna stick around to find out...besides you have a few days before you decide to return anyways.

and a Mac is better for iOS, plus iCloud, FaceTime, iCal, Mail, Mac app store, quicktime, iPhoto, hopefully iMessage, find your Mac, Many apps, etc etc....i would never give all of this up to go back to windows, NEVER...but i might install windows 8 on my Mac.

any questions, just ask...you might have to make your own thread, and hope i see it, or pm me that you did, also many others on here willing to help.

Thanks for your offer of help. I appreciate it.

The Apple store had a guy help set up my email, but he was a putz. I was adding my email accounts, for instance, and I asked how to change the display name. He said he didn't think I could do that. Duh. I might be an Apple idiot, but I knew that couldn't be right. He answered two other questions the same way, so I figured I was wasting my time with someone who shouldn't have been hired.

I haven't had much time to mess around with the MPB, and I don't know that I want to spend the time learning, because I use Windows exclusively at work, and that's where I do most of my computer stuff.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After enduring the transition from clicking to tapping on a trackpad, I then had to get used to tapping and swiping on a screen and I also find myself swiping the screen of my laptop which I use less than 5% of the time on a daily basis. Dealing with the cord on the mouse connected to the Windows computers at work is so much more of a hassle though.

Why not buy a cordless mouse? They start at about 20 bucks.

Logictech is a reliable brand, I've found. I have about six of its cordless ones, and haven't had one go bad over the years. The newer ones have like two years of battery life.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Why not buy a cordless mouse? They start at about 20 bucks.

Logictech is a reliable brand, I've found. I have about six of its cordless ones, and haven't had one go bad over the years. The newer ones have like two years of battery life.

That's a good idea, but if I were to buy another device it would be a portable printer I could use with my iPad. Then I wouldn't have to compete with a large number of people for access to one of the limited number of computer terminals at one of the smaller campuses where I teach. (Like most professors at my institutuon, I don't have my own office at work.)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your offer of help. I appreciate it.
I haven't had much time to mess around with the MPB, and I don't know that I want to spend the time learning, because I use Windows exclusively at work, and that's where I do most of my computer stuff.

when other people read that, they get turned off...but computing these days are easy, you have google, you have forums(for help), the apple store - where you get a free 1 on 1 session to learn about your mac(from a real person that knows it), 15-30 mins and you should be more than good, which other company does that...how much is there to learn, not much. You move the mouse around and press away, same as windows...and your 1 on 1 will teach you this.

everything is more organized on a mac, the applications are no different to use, you use the web the same way.

not here to convince you, you are just giving up for no reason. you might think you know a lot about windows, but you don't, you just know the basics(many years of just basic), with a mac, you go further than basics, you have user experience, because it is so simple to learn.

take a look at this....Mac OS X Hints - A community-built collection of OS X hints

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when other people read that, they get turned off...but computing these days are easy, you have google, you have forums(for help), the apple store - where you get a free 1 on 1 session to learn about your mac(from a real person that knows it), 15-30 mins and you should be more than good, which other company does that...how much is there to learn, not much. You move the mouse around and press away, same as windows...and your 1 on 1 will teach you this.

everything is more organized on a mac, the applications are no different to use, you use the web the same way.

not here to convince you, you are just giving up for no reason. you might think you know a lot about windows, but you don't, you just know the basics(many years of just basic), with a mac, you go further than basics, you have user experience, because it is so simple to learn.

take a look at this....Mac OS X Hints - A community-built collection of OS X hints
Everyone's experiences will differ, and it doesn't matter to me what people buy. I figure people should use what suits them.

I'm tech lazy and am getting what I need done on Windows, so I never was motivated to switch. I just happened to need a new laptop and my husband suggested I get a Mac so he could maybe mess with it to develop stuff. (He's a dedicated PC guy who builds his own computers.) I figured why not, since iPad was so easy to pick up. But I apparently have too much Windows muscle memory when it comes to laptops.

Most reactions