What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I use both.
Mainly a Mac Mini Aluminium tied to a 52" Plasma screen but I have 2 XP desktops and a netbook running, mostly because I'm new to Macs and if I can't figure out how to do the job I'm doing on the Mac, I do it on one of the XP machines.
Another reason is that my wife has no idea how to use a Mac so I keep them for her as well.

OttoRijswijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im gonnahoin the big mac party ;)
But first study a lot.
But my pc is realy ****ty...

iPad 2 wifi only 32GB

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows but I wish I had the money for a MacBook Pro!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

fali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows but i wish i will be able buy one mac air book in near future :(

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
windows pc for about the first three and a half years of computing then sick of the instability and contrary nature of windows i bought a macbook pro,would never go back to windows now,5weeks later i bought my ipad2.

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two Windows machines at home, both running Vista Home Premium. I use a MacBook at work. Over the years I've gotten used to switching back and forth between them and like having the best of both worlds.

beavers52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I use to exclusively utilize Windows and traditional PC/Laptop, now I exclusively use only 3 devices (iPhone 4, iPAD, and MacBook Pro) ... all three have their purpose, and the iPAD is a wonderful "go-between", and incredibly enjoyable tool to use. You can certainly have BOTH Windows AND Apple's traditional operating system on the "same machine". I do, and still use both Office as well as iWorks, both of which and transferable. My guess is that you want less moving parts, and only want to be working with a very short list of devices. As such, I would suggest consolidating - I can tell you that I will never go back to a transitional PC and/or Laptop for anything, as Apple's products are truly Best in Class (and no, I do not work for Apple :)

beavers52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fali said:
Windows but i wish i will be able buy one mac air book in near future :(

All in good time ~ Im sure you'll have the means to acquire the equipment you'd like soon ... like everything, it takes times (as I myself have experienced :)

dant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac OSX for everything except gaming. Although not for long. In the very near future, OSX will be the ultimate gaming device. They've defiantly got the power.

Dan Thomas

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have always been a windows user but now at work i have to troubleshoot both and it seems like mac troubleshooting goes a lot smoother.

Most reactions