What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we Stuck with IOS 5?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised to see someone who isn't happy with the iOS5. Most of us who upgraded were really satisfied. :)

There are actually quite a number of people that arent fully smitten with it. Thats why Im holding out. The problem is that there are some apps I want(Numbers) that require OS5. What to do, what to do????

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are actually quite a number of people that arent fully smitten with it. Thats why Im holding out. The problem is that there are some apps I want(Numbers) that require OS5. What to do, what to do????
Being concerned about technical difficulties is understandable (although they've generally been ironed out), however if it's performance that's of concern and you have an iPad 2 it shouldn't be...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-1-forum/51791-ipad-slower-after-ios5-2.html#post356866

As mentioned earlier, the only downside to iOS 5 that I can find is with the new Music App UI and that it's missing some features that the iPod App had. I'm pretty sure it will be tweaked to address those issues in future updates, and soon I hope!

It's certainly your call though.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
richsadams said:
As mentioned earlier, the only downside to iOS 5 that I can find is with the new Music App UI and that it's missing some features that the iPod App had. I'm pretty sure it will be tweaked to address those issues in future updates, and soon I hope!

It's certainly your call though.

The MUSIC app certainly looked strange at first, and I miss coverflow, but on the whole, I'm satisfied with it. I've grown accustomed to the minimalist interface, and Home Sharing seems less flaky than it was under iOS4, for me at least.

It may be my imagination, but battery life seems to have improved on both of my iDevices.

I don't use Numbers, but Pages is enhanced dramatically under iOS5. Now that the two devices are synced I use the iPad with BT keyboard for major typing tasks, and the iPhone for minor corrections. This feature alone makes the upgrade worthwhile.

Most reactions

Latest posts