What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there really no upgrades or deals for current ipad users to get the ipad 2?

MichaelDavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they should make a deal for iPad users to trade in or get half off if you have purchased one within a month or two before the release of the iPad 2.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Go to the place where you bought it and speak with a manager. Maybe they can work something out for you.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup know your pain. Just upgraded from a original Droid phone to a Droid X and now there are rumors of the Droid X2 becoming available very soon. That's the way technology works. If you wait to make sure your new technology item works with no issues then you run the risk of exactly what happened to you and me.

Last edited:

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You knew going into the iPad

that iPad2 was coming out in a few weeks time and made your decision. Why should I, or Apple, or anyone else finance that choice?

shaft103

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a bit of extra leg work for you but sell it on Craigslist. I just sold my 32gb WIFI yesterday for $375. That means I ended up with 62% back after a little less than a year. Not great but not terrible.

If you don't want to deal with selling on there, you can always use a site like Gazelle. I think they were offering 340 a few days ago for the 32gb WIFI version.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MichaelDavis said:
I think they should make a deal for iPad users to trade in or get half off if you have purchased one within a month or two before the release of the iPad 2.

It makes absolutely no business sense at all for Apple to do that. Whenever they announce a new version, there will always be someone who has 'just bought' the older model.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Yup know your pain. Just upgraded from a original Droid phone to a Droid X and now there are rumors of the Droid X2 becoming available very soon. That's the way technology works. If you wait to make sure your new technology item works with no issues then you run the risk of exactly what happened to you and me.

Droid X2 = X with smaller SD card. thats it.

Anyways. Why would apple offer any kind of program like this? They would A) Lose money and B) lose numbers. This isn't like a nintendo DS from gamestop where when the enw one comes out, you can do a trade in. Idk why people are up in arms about this, you knew what you were getting into when you bought the device. Sell off the device while you can, and put it towards a new one

Reaction score
Put my 32GB 3G up on Craigslist for 2/3 of it's original launch price. But this site doesn't seem to be too popular in the UK.

I also considered eBay, but for successful auctions they keep 10%. This fee and the packaging cost would leave me with a mere 50% of the price originally paid.

Most reactions

Latest posts