What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are movie rentals from Amazon the same quality as from iTunes?

OP
T

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, since no one has replied I'll tell what I have learned so far. Amazon rentals are basically $1.00 less that Itunes (who charges sales taxes, also). However, when I went to download a movie from Amazon it apparently takes Flash to be able to use Amazon's payment system. Of course, the iPad won't use Flash so that means we're out of luck on Amazon rentals.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could you buy it on your computer and then download it on the iPad?

No. I've got about a terabyte of digital files bought from Amazon that won't work with my iPad, as they use different file formats and DRM schemes. I wish Amazon's VOD service worked with the iPad, as I like it much more than iTunes since it's cheaper, has much more selection and it's cloud-based. Unfortunately it's all Flas and the iPad/iPhone market isn't big enough to warrant a change-over.

Most reactions

Latest posts