What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are iBooks upload files lost if iBooks app is deleted!

powerseed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded my original copy of iBooks using an obsolete but still functional Apple ID by mistake. I now would like to delete this version of the app and upload another copy of iBooks using the correct Apple ID so I can ask Apple to delete the old Apple ID once and for all.

Will the pdfs and other files I uploaded for viewing in iBooks be trashed if I delete the old app or will they be waiting and accessible to the new copy of the app?

Thanks much!

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded my original copy of iBooks using an obsolete but still functional Apple ID by mistake. I now would like to delete this version of the app and upload another copy of iBooks using the correct Apple ID so I can ask Apple to delete the old Apple ID once and for all.

Will the pdfs and other files I uploaded for viewing in iBooks be trashed if I delete the old app or will they be waiting and accessible to the new copy of the app?

Thanks much!

Logic says that the ibooks and files you purchased thrugh your working account will still be there in your iTunes back up. You may have to download again the iBooks app and sync, but all the purchased items with the obsolete account would be lost. Contact iTunes for more information.

Hope my answer is not very confusing and helps you.

MacCascadr

Most reactions

Latest posts