What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are apple still signing 5.0.1?

H

hazi1610

Hi all, have searched and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

When I was on 4.3.3, I saved blobs etc as I wanted jailbreak.

I updated to ios5 and subsequently 5.0.1. Now I am wanting to save my latest blobs (I know 5 isnt available any more but 5.0.1 should be).

I hooked up to the laptop, updated tiny umbrella and selected to show all blobs, save all blobs. I had 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 and today it added 4.3.5. However, I cant get it to save 5.0.1 which is what I am currently on.

Does that mean apple have stopped signing it? A friend has the iphone 4 and was able to save his last night so I dont understand why, on my ipad 2 I am having problems, unless I have done something wrong though I dont think so.

I'm happy enough without jailbreak but would like to save blobs again as I may want it jailbroken again in the future.

I have the ipad 2 wifi only 32g.

Is it because I never saved the blobs from ios5 that I now cant get any later blobs?

Hope I've posted in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Alison

OP
H

hazi1610

TheRambler said:
Hi Alison, if you go into settings and click on General and then software update it will tell you that iOS 5.0.1 is still up to date, so in my mind that means they are still signing it. So not sure why it's not showing up in yuur TU

You mean settings in Tiny Umbrella?

I looked at the log and it told me I am just too late :-(

from Alison, sent from ipad2 us

OP
H

hazi1610

Yes I did. Guess I'm just too late.
Alison

OP
H

hazi1610

TheRambler said:

Aha, I re read that and I had forgotten to untick request blobs from cydia.

I now have all blobs successfully saved right up to date. Phew.

Thanks for posting that link, wouldn't have thought to read through it again if you hadn't.

I'm a happy bunny now :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the avoidance of doubt, 5.1 has NOT yet been released and 5.0.1 is still being singed :D

Don't Panic! (and always follow the instructions in tutorials to the tee!)

OP
H

hazi1610

f4780y said:
For the avoidance of doubt, 5.1 has NOT yet been released and 5.0.1 is still being singed :D

Don't Panic! (and always follow the instructions in tutorials to the tee!)

Yes, it was 5.0.1 that I wanted to save.

Most reactions