What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archive on magazine app

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have subscribed some professional magazine apps (national geographic and scientific American) for my ipad (I have print subscription also). I download some issues and they are big in size (3 issues about 1 GB). I can "view" them fine, but I don't know about the "archive" button with every issue. Does it mean I can archive (store) the issue on magazine's server (and view it later time without download) so I don't have to keep it in my disk? Or it means something else? I shall like to be able to access the whole collection, but definitely have no space for them. Anyone got the best idea on handling this issue? Thanks for help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
fiat said:
Hi, I have subscribed some professional magazine apps (national geographic and scientific American) for my ipad (I have print subscription also). I download some issues and they are big in size (3 issues about 1 GB). I can "view" them fine, but I don't know about the "archive" button with every issue. Does it mean I can archive (store) the issue on magazine's server (and view it later time without download) so I don't have to keep it in my disk? Or it means something else? I shall like to be able to access the whole collection, but definitely have no space for them. Anyone got the best idea on handling this issue? Thanks for help.

When you tap the archive button the issue is deleted from your iPad. To view it again,you have to re download it. Archiving is like storing iTunes movies in the cloud that are currently not on the iPad. You do not have to pay again to re download a previously purchased or subscribed issue. Several years worth of National Geographic or Scientific American magazines will definitely fill your iPad. Once your collection gets to a certain size you will have no choice but to archive some or most of the issues.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts