What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcalark new to iPad and Apple

Arcalark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the Apple Barrel and somewhat surprised by the iPad 2 and its navigation system. I sometimes say, "Looks like they put two pounds in a one pound bag." I'm not overjoyed yet, but still curious. I am a Windows person with the desire to find some harrmony between the two systems. After all my fortune is tied up in Windows at the present. At first it looked like a money pit, Apps and buy books movies and services, all made easy by an up front credit card account with an easy tap of the App to purchase. It seemed to be a "point of sales" devise with some customer glitz to call it a tablet. I'm here to learn the tricks to use the material I have rather than buy buy buy. After all I just took a bite of the Apple.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum!

You don't have to "buy, buy, buy," in order to enjoy your iPad. A lot of members enjoy their iPad by the use of apps which are free if you browse the App Store. It is no different to an android tablet's App Store. Just needs time in understanding the operating system. Most of us have been using windows for many years way before using Apple products. There is a learning curve as there was when you were first learning about how a windows OS worked. So try to be patient with and ask questions here. Lots of friendly members here to help if you ask.

Also...
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:*
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-6/id563272542?mt=11

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions