What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appstore keeps changing location

digroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been having a really frustrating issue with my ipad...
I'm based in Spain and have my itunes account set up here. Everytime I log into the appstore from my ipad,it flashes up with the Spanish store for a second and then switches me to the US store.
To try and reslove this, I restored my ipad to the current firmware and synced with my pc, but the problem still remains.

Any help would be great...

OP
D

digroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I created one once and downloaded the BBC listener app... I haven't logged into that account for at least six months since

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then it's because whatever you're logging in with - either iPad or PC - is using the account details of the US Store account.

Tim

OP
D

digroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm logged into the Spanish store on my PC with my Spanish account details, and have been using it for at least the last six months to purchase apps and sync them with my Ipad (this works perfectly)
I was under the impression that when the Ipad synced with Itunes (PC or Mac) automaticaly the appstore on the Ipad would be the same as the one on the PC.

Sometimes, if I sign in and out multiple times on the Ipad then it will let me in to the Spanish store, but then as soon as I close and reopen the app I get the same problem.

I also have two iphones synced to itunes on the same PC with no issues at all in the appstore. I've never signed into the US store on those though

Thanks for your help so far :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you log in at the App Store or iTunes it keeps you logged in for a while thereafter, so a new visit will not require you to log in again. If you stay logged out for a while then, on your next visit, whichever device you connect with will send its login parameters. Synchronisation does not update the login details on the iPad, so that's the cause of the problem.

Tim

OP
D

digroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that on all my other devices and the PC, everything is working perfectly. I have just tried logging in and out of the appstore on both iphones, and had no problems at all.

When I open the appstore on my ipad it is always in the US store so then for example, I go to the updates page and click on an app to update. I'm then told that my account is only valid for Spain and I will be directed to that store... The Spanish store flashes up for literally a second, and then switches back to the US store. If I scroll to the bottom of the page it says that I'm signed in with the email thats only valid for my Spanish account !

I've tried a hard reset of the ipad, signing in and out of the appstore in both the store and from general/settings and its still impossible for me to log in to my account.

Sorry for dragging this on, but its extremely frustrating and I would really like to fix it as without the store, all in app subscriptions are impossible.

Most reactions

Latest posts