What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppStore Glitch?

Uuglypher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
During the past two days I've tried to purchase several new Apps. I tap "Buy" , enter my iTunes password, and the App's logo appears on my Home screen, but instead of the blue installation progression indicator the logo is labeled underneath with the word "waiting"... And remains so labeled until I tap the logo when it changes to "paused". Another tap returns it to "waiting", The same thing happens when I tap "update" for other Apps i've already bought and used. Any App labeled "waiting" is non-functional. Several of these Apps are ones I use frequently and this has really put a devastating crimp in the use of my iPad!
What should I do?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uuglypher said:
During the past two days I've tried to purchase several new Apps. I tap "Buy" , enter my iTunes password, and the App's logo appears on my Home screen, but instead of the blue installation progression indicator the logo is labeled underneath with the word "waiting"... And remains so labeled until I tap the logo when it changes to "paused". Another tap returns it to "waiting", The same thing happens when I tap "update" for other Apps i've already bought and used. Any App labeled "waiting" is non-functional. Several of these Apps are ones I use frequently and this has really put a devastating crimp in the use of my iPad!
What should I do?

Usually caused by an incomplete download in iTunes.

Sign into iTunes from your PC. Check for an incomplete or paused podcast, app, movie, or music download. Complete or delete the incomplete download and your iPad icons should start moving again. Bear in mind only one at a time process on the iPad. If you see the spinning wheel in the upper left of your iPad display you know a download is active. There will be a brief pause between the loading/installing piece for an app where the download wheel will not be active.

OP
U

Uuglypher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, Midranger4,

Thanks to you, life is good...again!
I don't care what they all say, you are really GOOD, i'd like to have you on speed dial, archetypal cybercretin that I am!

I checked iTunes, and sure enough, your prediction was spot on! Several downloads in progress.

Many thanks,

Dave (uuglypher)

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uuglypher said:
Hey, Midranger4,

Thanks to you, life is good...again!
I don't care what they all say, you are really GOOD, i'd like to have you on speed dial, archetypal cybercretin that I am!

I checked iTunes, and sure enough, your prediction was spot on! Several downloads in progress.

Many thanks,

Dave (uuglypher)

Don't know who "they" may be. Just glad you worked through the issue.

Have a good one.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What should I do?

Hi there-I have deleted your other 3 threads that have The same message as this one.

Please do not do this since this causes confusion to others when reading and replying to your post to you when there are multiple threads present. It is also against the forum rules.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I also had the same issue and I was unable to download any updates, it was a pain as I do not use the pc just a 3G connection and solo iPad. When I next got to a wifi connection I deleted the app and downloaded it again and it worked fine. But I had about 20 apps this was doing it on and the main one that caused the issue I think was iBooks, which would not close from taskbar because it was stuck in updating/installing app mode. So if like me you have no PC and just use 3G just delete the app from the device and download it again. You won't have to pay for it again, just check the app is still available before deleting. As my VLC player app was not (which also was an app stuck in installing mode).

Most reactions

Latest posts