What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why have my apps frozen whilst updating I.e my App Store shows ex number needs updating I then press install then they start to install and that's how thy stay . I can still use the App Store to shop around.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cannot give you a direct answer but as a workaround, have you tried uninstalling them first then re-installing. Just a thought.
Cheers.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the same exact issue, but what has happened to me once or twice is that I will have a bunch of apps that are sitting there saying "Waiting" and seem to go nowhere. I can't use the app concurrently. I have not been able to determine if it was just a matter of letting all the apps attempt to update from the iPad or not, and if it would in fact have ended up updating them all or not eventually or if it really just can't handle more than X amount of apps at the same time. I ended up syncing it to the computer which I do every couple days anyway and that of course resolved the issue. I now just try to watch how many I update from the iPad itself all at the same time. Like if 6 apps end up needing to be updated around the same time I will just wait to do a sync or I'll just update them one to two at a time instead of telling it to "Update All".

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I either shut down my ipad and restart or try reinstalling them. This has always worked for me! Just to it dreckly!! ;o)
Exactly. Sometimes ii is necessary to do this. The same thing as when you have to reboot your router when bb connection is lost. BTW I hope you haven't had any flood damage. Seems to have eased of. We have relatives in Helston. Good luck!

Most reactions