What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps won't update

Mlmotter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the last few days my apps won't update, I tap update all and it either does nothing or closes the app store app. I can't update them individually either. Any idea why? I am in IOS5 on an IPad 2 but it has worked since the upgrade. I have rebooted and synced but it still doesn't work.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you completely closed the App Store app in the multi-task bar?

Go to the Home screen

Double tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar. Now press and hold any icon until they all start to jiggle.

Now touch the upper left hand corner of the App Store app icon to quit it completely.

Press the Home button to close the multi-task bar and try again.

Tim

Malaca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Same problem here. I have iPad2 Wi-Fi, 64Gb.

The apps updates used to show up regularly. I notice that this haven't happened anymore for 2 weeks or so... (well, that's when I realized). I forced it tapping on 'Updates' icon on 'App Store' and it says "All Apps Are Up to Date", which might be wrong not having updates for a such long time.

Yes, I can download new apps and it's synchronizing fine with the Mac computer.

Things that I did trying to fix it:
- Closed all applications,
- Turned off and on the iPad.

- Signed off from app store,
- Turned off and on the iPad & signed on again (app store).

- I have latest versions on iPad and iTunes in Mac computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!
The above was posted about 16 hours ago. Surprisingly this afternoon I had 3 apps to be updated, and I haven't done a thing besides what was mentioned before. Considering that I did not have results immediatly after my tries to fix it, all I have in mind is that 'app store' is having some sort of problem. At this time I should be having bulks of apps to be updated..

Well, if someone have an answer, pls let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts