What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps wont open

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded n installed ios5 had no problem but since it completed. None of my apps purchased will open. Icon wil flash as if it wants to open but does not"....... Please help. Thanks all alex

geep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too...epic fail on Apples part...I expected better than this....oh and my BB PlayBook just arrived, wonder that will be?

Update, I was too impatient, it looks like update is done since iPad starts up but iTunes is still updating apps....my bad :(

Last edited:

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a long process getting the update downloaded and installed. But, the final thing on iTunes was 'restoring apps'. It took quite awhile. I had the update completed and my iCloud settings done and it was still 'restoring apps.'
I 'think' everything had to be backed up to iCloud and then restored on the iPad. So perhaps going back to iTunes and trying to get the apps restored will work.
I went in and tried most of the apps I use regularly and they are all working. Seems like my Kindle app was the last to be restored. It took awhile before I could get to my Kindle books.

Good luck! It took me over 2 hours to get it done and that was only because Richsadams 'held my hand' and gave me advice along the way whenever I encountered problems...and I did encounter some probems.

Last edited:

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
geep said:
Me too...epic fail on Apples part...I expected better than this....oh and my BB PlayBook just arrived, wonder that will be?

Update, I was too impatient, it looks like update is done since iPad starts up but iTunes is still updating apps....my bad :(

Yeap, had the same problem. Had to wait it out. Updated with a few problems but i was a bit impatient, leave it alone and wait it out. After a few syncs I'm up and running, apps and all

Lapadite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps won't open after ios 5 upgrade

I just downloaded n installed ios5 had no problem but since it completed. None of my apps purchased will open. Icon wil flash as if it wants to open but does not"....... Please help. Thanks all alex

Had same problem with iPad 2, only native apps like Safari, the App Store, and the new Newstand app worked after iOS 5 upgrade.

I deleted one app from the iPad, then re-downloaded it from the App Store. After re-installing just that one app, all the other apps worked again, without need for restart. I dont think it matters which app you choose to reinstall (I chose Facebook just because it's the last one I'd downloaded). The reinstall probably refreshes the internal app directory.

Hope you have same luck.

PS.I had quite a scare with iOS 5 upgrade. On second attempt, after a few grim error messages, it went through a complete Restore from Factory Settings cycle. Then after the app restore, most of the apps didn't work... Yikes!

Most reactions

Latest posts