What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Won't Open

Diane Dysart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very new at this. I just got my iPad 2 today. I have set up an iTunes account, an Apple account, and of course an iPF account.

All of the apps that came with the iPad work fine. I am having problems with the apps I have downloaded from iTunes. I have downloaded iBooks, Mypad for Facebook, Flipboard, Nook and iPF. All of the these apps except iPF do the same thing when I tap them. They start to open and then suddenly I get a black screen and immediately I am taken back to the home screen. I have checked and I have the latest version of the iOS.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

I will try powering down the iPad and the iMac it is connected to and see if that works but in the meantime I am going to send this message off here and see if anyone else has the same problem.

Diane

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very new at this. I just got my iPad 2 today. I have set up an iTunes account, an Apple account, and of course an iPF account.

All of the apps that came with the iPad work fine. I am having problems with the apps I have downloaded from iTunes. I have downloaded iBooks, Mypad for Facebook, Flipboard, Nook and iPF. All of the these apps except iPF do the same thing when I tap them. They start to open and then suddenly I get a black screen and immediately I am taken back to the home screen. I have checked and I have the latest version of the iOS.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

I will try powering down the iPad and the iMac it is connected to and see if that works but in the meantime I am going to send this message off here and see if anyone else has the same problem.

Diane

Yes - completely powering down the iPad should fix the problem; it's something that Apple recommend doing periodically too. However, if it doesn't work, get back to us.

I've moved your post to the Help section too, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

OP
D

Diane Dysart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,

Peace of mind is knowing who to call when you are in a bind. The rebooting worked as you explained.

Thank you for being here,

Diane

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what he's there for, thank god!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Paradx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

I have the same problem as Diane, where my apps won't open. I followed the Power Down procedure and unfortunately that didn't do the trick.

Also, on a possibly related note, I am having trouble downloading the newest ipad2 software....it downloads to a certain point and then quits. The error message was "There was a problem downloading the software for the ipad. The network connection timed out". My network connection seems to be fine in that I'm surfing the internet just fine. I've made four attempts and got this error message every time.

I currently have software version 4.3.5 and was trying to download version 5.0.1

Can you help on these issues? Thanks.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts