What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps won't launch after sync

warmu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got my ipad from my brother who passed away a couple of monthes ago so brought it home and use it for awhile so when i sync it with my home computor all the apps that were on ipad that he installed will not open i also have a iphone that i normally sync complete with music When i tried to reinstall apps istore tells me app already installed Last update was installed at same time running version 4.3.3

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

I'm sure your brother had his own iTunes account. All the apps that came with the iPad will be associated with it. There is no way for you to continue using and updating those apps with your own account.

Instead what you need to do is restore the iPad in iTunes so that you can use it with your account. This will mean you lose all the apps currently on it. Any apps you bought through your own account you can reinstall at no cost. When you go to the App Store it may look like you are buying them again, but after you hit buy you will be told you already own it, and be asked if you want to re-install it.

As compensation you will be able to instal many of your iPhone apps on the iPad and use them. Most will probably only work in an emulated mode, either half size in the middle of the screen or at 2X, but with poor resolution. Some however may be universal apps, and will work fine on the iPad, possible with a few extra features.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could try backing up the iPad, then restoring from the backup after, but I'm not sure if that would work moving between two accounts.

Another option would be to create a Google account, then sync the iPad with it. Once the contacts are on Google there are several ways to export them. If you already have a Google account with contacts this should merge the two contact lists. If you don't, a Google Mail account goes well with an iPad anyway, so you may well find it useful enough to keep.

If you choose that method you'll need to set the Google account on the iPad up as an Exchange account, using this procedure.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

When you set up the account pay close attention to the notices. Don't accidently replace teh iPad's contacts with whatever is or is not on Google.

Most reactions

Latest posts