What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps won't download

anlarson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an ipad and the apps won't download. Any suggestions? I've already tried rebooting, and nothing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got an ipad and the apps won't download. Any suggestions? I've already tried rebooting, and nothing.
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Here are a few things to try:

Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.

Try force closing the App Store app and opening it again afterwards.
To force close, double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar.
In iOS 6: tap and hold the App Store app until it starts to wiggle, delete the app.
In iOS 7: slide the thumbnail (picture) above the app icon towards the top of the screen.

Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Try to download apps one by one. If your connection is weak, and you're trying to load a few apps at once, they could pause downloading.

Sign out in App Store - Featured - your Apple ID, sign in again.

Look at your settings. Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Maybe something is enabled there that prevents the download.

Something that should work in any case:
Download the apps to a computer (iTunes), connect your iPad to it and sync the apps to your iDevice this way.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
A

anlarson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Here are a few things to try:

Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.

Try force closing the App Store app and opening it again afterwards.
To force close, double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar.
In iOS 6: tap and hold the App Store app until it starts to wiggle, delete the app.
In iOS 7: slide the thumbnail (picture) above the app icon towards the top of the screen.

Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Try to download apps one by one. If your connection is weak, and you're trying to load a few apps at once, they could pause downloading.

Sign out in App Store - Featured - your Apple ID, sign in again.

Look at your settings. Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Maybe something is enabled there that prevents the download.

Something that should work in any case:
Download the apps to a computer (iTunes), connect your iPad to it and sync the apps to your iDevice this way.

Hope that helps.

I have reset the entire thing and it did not work. Will try force closing the app store---apple support advised me to return it.

bruises

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check it your network whether work.. If that didn't done . Play check your ipad version

Most reactions

Latest posts