What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps went dim

windmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my apps on the iPad went dim and con not open. Error message says "cannot download"

I thought they were already.

Any suggestions.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
windmi said:
my apps on the iPad went dim and con not open. Error message says "cannot download"

I thought they were already.

Any suggestions.

Power cycle the pad. Hold down the power button until the power down slider appears then swipe it.

If problem persists after restart post back. Actually please post back either way.

If the iPad will not power down hold the home button and power button at the same time until the iPad powers down.

You might also want to close background apps prior. To do so double tap the home button until the shelf appears with recently used icons on it. Tap and hold any one of them until it wobbles and displays a red minus sign. Release and tap all the red minus signs until the shelf is empty. Tap home button to return to home screen, then power cycle as described above.

OP
W

windmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still the same problem.

Noticed I had updates and tried to do updates and my wife's account came up. How can I change to my account. Can that be the issue

Used her pass word and still can not up date or ope apps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By chance are these updates under your wife's account. If so you will need to log in her account to update.

Edit: just saw that you attempted to do the above.

Go to AppStore and scroll down to log off. Than you can log in to to your acct.

OP
W

windmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleted icons not able to open.

Will down load what I need. And start again.

If my wife's account pass word request comes up again I will start another thread.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
windmi said:
Deleted icons not able to open.

Will down load what I need. And start again.

If my wife's account pass word request comes up again I will start another thread.

You do not need to start another thread. Please stick to this one.

Most reactions