What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps That Drain Your Battery Faster

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that We Rule seems to drain my battery faster. Anyone else have an app that they would like to add to the list for battery charge over consumption?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well maybe they don't really drain the battery faster, its just that you get so caught up in playing the game that you lose track of how long you have been on your iPad and the hours just tick away before you know it!

Protegeone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Solitaire City Lite for me and not because I get carried away playing it
either.

This app just simply drains battery superfast for some reason.

DewWorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As one should expect I suppose, the GPS HD and Drive HD are best used with the car charger or inverter plugged in. Any app that uses heavy data transfers will cause heavy battery drainage, but if you are using your iPad as a computer or GPS what else could you expect? No matter, I love my iPad!:D

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what would drain the battery faster? Using one of the above mentioned apps or playing videos?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any gaming - especially those with 3d effects and lots of animation. Seems normal to me: lots of processing power being used me and lots more battery being used.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course the biggest battery hog is the screen, but I don't think the processor uses significantly more power when playing a game as opposed to watching a video. OTOH, the 3G section and the WiFi section can in fact suck more juice out of the battery.

Protegeone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what would drain the battery faster? Using one of the above mentioned apps or playing videos?

Although fully agree with NumbLock on this one, still quite strange though that I could watch a film without much decrease in battery level, however 20mins of Solitaire nearly drains the battery empty. :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts