What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps that annotate word documents

UNCMo96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I often get meeting agendas in word form. Are there apps that let you annotate on the word doc OR convert word to pdf on the ipad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I often get meeting agendas in word form. Are there apps that let you annotate on the word doc OR convert word to pdf on the ipad?

Apple's iWorks Office suite app 'Pages' can read Word documents and can convert them to PDF. The iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife' app, GoodReader, can annotate PDFs. It's also a great file manager and allows you to organise your files in folders, like on a regular PC.

Tim
Scotland

jprint714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to follow up on this... What's the best app for annotating word doc's? I've heard Pages / iWorks, but have found that others recommend Documents 2 Go. I'm mainly interested in annotating word doc's w/ my stylus on my iPad. Any suggestions about the best app to get? Thanks!

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to follow up on this... What's the best app for annotating word doc's? I've heard Pages / iWorks, but have found that others recommend Documents 2 Go. I'm mainly interested in annotating word doc's w/ my stylus on my iPad. Any suggestions about the best app to get? Thanks!

There's no app that can annotate Word documents directly, as far as I know. All the apps that work, can only annotate PDF documents. So you'd need to convert the Word document to PDF, for example, using Pages and then use iAnnotate or GoodReader to annotate the PDF.

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never thought to try email... So I just ran a test by emailing a file to myself in PDF format. It works!

I've learned something - many thanks !! :D

adbgrrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. They sd make something for WORD files

There's no app that can annotate Word documents directly, as far as I know. All the apps that work, can only annotate PDF documents. So you'd need to convert the Word document to PDF, for example, using Pages and then use iAnnotate or GoodReader to annotate the PDF.

Tim

Thanks for this clear response to the question. I've been trying to figure how to get goodreader to do this directly for 40 minutes. :thumbs:

metanoiac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am writing a blog on using the iPad in academia and have recently reviewed 10+3 annotation apps for the iPad (including two free ones). You can check out the post here:

Moderator notice: no external links, emails, etc...please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OnLive Desktop can do it all. Turns your iPad into a Windows Desktop, with Excell, Power Point, Word. Free in App Store. 2gig free cloud storage. Any OutLook user will like this.

Kgiff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The eNotebook app can write on DOC, PPT, and PDF files without file conversions. You could check it out in the App Store.

mcjblmss1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underscore Notify allows you to annotate Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and gets you a discount on a stylus...

Most reactions

Latest posts