What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps stuck on waiting

arabkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got 5 new apps stuck on waiting. I updated an old app in the meantime - no prob. The prob occurred after I updated to the new....? I've pressed an icon, they all shake, but no 'x' comes up on the waiting icons. I've deleted ALL my podcasts. I've reset the machine. Nothing works :) Any advice. P.S. I ONLY have an iPad, no other Apple products, so can't sync to anything.

Rosellainoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had that problem in the past, with about 12 apps stuck. The only way I could fix it was to click once on each app that wanted to update, thus pausing the update. I then clicked on one of them again which released the pause and it slowly updated. I then released each one in turn until they all updated. I have never had the problem since. I have no idea what caused the issue but it was quite a problem for a while. No other solutions suggested helped me, I had to work that one out for myself. It was odd. I hope this solution works for you too.

OP
A

arabkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This didn't work, unfortunately. Anyone else got a suggestion?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've not had any problem with this so I hope this suggestion won't cause trouble. Try signing out of the iTunes Store and signing in again. Also, if you haven't rebooted your iPad since you upgraded to iOS 6, that will solve some problems.

OP
A

arabkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried logging out and in again - no joy. How do I reboot? (Excuse my ignorance)

OP
A

arabkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. Ok. I tried rebooting and still stuck on waiting :( What to do now?

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sheesh! Just woke up from a snooze, checked out our forum, and there's this red thing highlighting some words and got fixated on it...

Thanks a lot, Col!

OP
A

arabkiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Modem goes off regularly because of dodgy power supply here in Beirut! More ideas?!

tangot2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel this is a bug that Apple to step up and fix. I have tried all the ideas in this forum and others. So far there is no solution. This never would have happened when Steve Jobs was around.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tangot2 said:
I feel this is a bug that Apple to step up and fix. I have tried all the ideas in this forum and others. So far there is no solution. This never would have happened when Steve Jobs was around.

How old is your device? Is it still under warranty? If you really can't solve it then contacting Apple is probably the best corse of action.

Emma Lubetkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem and tried e4life's suggestion of holding down the power and home keys. It worked great. I was finally able tp install my updates. Thanks

Most reactions