What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps store item

User77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After viewing a particular app from the app store, how do I return to the app page that I previously visited without being thrown back to the first app page in the category? The "back" button does exactly that--if I am on page 100, the "back" button sends me back to page 1. Thx for any help on this.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not alone!! Everyone complains about this - it seems to be a 'feature'. More annoying still, it doesn't always do it. Sometimes you go 'back to the beginning' and, at other times, just back to the page you were on before you left it.

I've yet to see a solution or workaround - hopefully someone more experienced out there will enlighten us.

Tim
Scotland

OP
U

User77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App store blues

I came up with a quirky way to get around being thrown back to page 1 of the app store after purchasing an app--particularly if I'm midway through an app category: take a screen shot of the app page, send it to photos, then come back and do a search in the app store, locate the app, and then purchase it--admittedly, a bit of a clumsy approach, but it beats losing your place amidst a huge app category and getting tossed back to page 1....

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
User77 said:
I came up with a quirky way to get around being thrown back to page 1 of the app store after purchasing an app--particularly if I'm midway through an app category: take a screen shot of the app page, send it to photos, then come back and do a search in the app store, locate the app, and then purchase it--admittedly, a bit of a clumsy approach, but it beats losing your place amidst a huge app category and getting tossed back to page 1....

Now that's a good way round it - but it would be better if iTunes fixed it, such a stupid mistake!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
You are not alone!! Everyone complains about this - it seems to be a 'feature'. More annoying still, it doesn't always do it. Sometimes you go 'back to the beginning' and, at other times, just back to the page you were on before you left it.

I've yet to see a solution or workaround - hopefully someone more experienced out there will enlighten us.

Tim
Scotland

I've seen this complaint in a lot of places, and I'm almost ashamed to admit it here, but in my years of using iTunes this has NEVER once happened to me. Knock on wood....

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
User77 said:

Very interesting. How do intake a screen shot?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To take a screen shot press the Power and Home buttons simultaneously and briefly. The iPad will make a 'camera shutter' sound and the screen shot will end up in the Photos app

Tim

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
To take a screen shot press the Power and Home buttons simultaneously and briefly. The iPad will make a 'camera shutter' sound and the screen shot will end up in the Photos app

Tim

Thanks Tim.
I have tried it and it worked.
Akintomide

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I always forget to do this when I need evidence of a problem.

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I always forget to do this when I need evidence of a problem.

me too, haven't used it yet. and I try to use it in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts