What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apps stop working when minimized

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i noticed that some apps - like mail - stop working when minimized. downloading activities then tend to stop, to my dismay. because of this, i have to wait for quite some time for a 25Mb file to be downloaded before i switch apps.

is there a way to enable that app to continue running in the background, so as i can multi-task?

thanks!

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i noticed that some apps - like mail - stop working when minimized. downloading activities then tend to stop, to my dismay. because of this, i have to wait for quite some time for a 25Mb file to be downloaded before i switch apps.

is there a way to enable that app to continue running in the background, so as i can multi-task?

thanks!

I believe that Mail does run in the background. Mine seems to anyway. Even running in the background a 25Mb file is going to take awhile to d/l.

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm.... that's odd... mine stops altogether, and when i click on the link again, it re-starts from scratch.

i'm using gmail for my mails. i now took the alternate route, accessing gmail via safari. good thing that it doesn't stop downloading when minimized.... whew!!!

thanks for your reply!

orfew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, mine is running in the background just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts