What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps on a Mac on an iPad ???

GraySmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey,

So I bought a MacBook Pro, which comes with iMovie, iPhoto, and GarageBand.
Can I now open those apps on the iPad? Or are they separate purchases?

Cheers!

OP
GraySmith

GraySmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That's a bit annoying.

If I were to download GarageBand on the iPad, could I then work on the same project I have on the Mac, but on the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's a bit annoying.

If I were to download GarageBand on the iPad, could I then work on the same project I have on the Mac, but on the iPad?

There is some integration between the two apps. I'm not sure how much. I know it is possible to export iPad Garage Band files to the Mac version, but I'm not sure it will work the other way, as the Mac version is considerably more capable feature wise. You'll have to ask some people who do this (there is a Musician's area somewhere eon the forum) for details.

While iOS and OS X share some things in common, but they are not compatible app wise. There are several reasons why this is a good idea, at least most of the time. The biggest being that attempting to make them compatible would have made iOS a bear to fit on a device like the iPad, and the code needed to make the same app run on both would have be oversized as well. It is going to make it run pretty, anyway, and Apple doesn't care much for making things that run ugly. ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions