What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps not updating

mlsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought my iPad 2 (3 G) while I was on holiday in the US and am now in Canada with it. I now have 44 apps that require updating and I haven't been able to do it for weeks now. When I try, it had been asking me for my password, which I gave, and then told me that it couldn't connect to the Store. Then, just now, it asked me to update my credit card information, which I did. Now, when I try to update the apps nothing happens at all -- doesn't ask for my password or anything. Very frustrating! Can anyone help please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try restarting the iPad, or even reseting if that does not work.

Also, go to the bottom of the App Store page and try logging out of and back into your account on the iPad.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
M

mlsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, twerppoet for your quick reply and suggestions! Unfortunately, none of them worked. I'm still not able to connect to the iTunes Store and am completely at a loss. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

OP
M

mlsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. That's what I ended up doing and the problem turned out to be more complicated than I thought. I had given my iPad to my sister in the US when I bought myself an iPad 2 and she had inadvertently overwritten my Apple ID when she created her own for the iPad. We're still trying to find a solution but are almost there (there are other complicating factors).

Thank you for your assistance all the same!

Most reactions

Latest posts