What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps lock

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I M looking for a way to look my personal apps.

I found the way in settings to restrict safari but no way of retricting other apps.

Anyone could help me with this?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to do this is to jailbreak and install an app called applocker. The stock iPad does not allow for restrictions of third party apps, only certain native apps and iOS features.

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for support! Is it not posible to create a folder with many apps and lock the entire folder? Would sound like basic isn't?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ptipil said:
Hi,

Thanks for support! Is it not posible to create a folder with many apps and lock the entire folder? Would sound like basic isn't?

No, it is not possible, for this reason. Unlike the Windows OS that you are familiar with, the iPad is considered to be a single-user device. Apple never intended that multiple users would share one iPad, with different email addresses, photographs, music and apps.

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

That's right, the whole interface is interlaced! Quite amazing and friendly! How to protect personal info within the device? Am i supposed not to share it

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ptipil said:
Hi,

That's right, the whole interface is interlaced! Quite amazing and friendly! How to protect personal info within the device? Am i supposed not to share it ddc74

Share it carefully. If I allow my son and his friends to use my iPad, I force close any apps that I have running, and log out of things like iPF so that they don't have access to stuff they shouldn't. The thought of a mischievous 9-year-old having unrestricted moderator privileges here, when he is supposed to be playing Angry Birds, is quite horrifying.

As I said, password it so that your personal data is safe, and that's about all you can do.

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, talcking about angry birds and plant vs zombie with my 6 years old boy. I found the password for locking the entire device, hoy do i disconect from aplicaton as u told, seems to be always open! I llbe careful then, and no need furhter to find that kind of app in appstore.

Thanks a lot!

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Share it carefully. If I allow my son and his friends to use my iPad, I force close any apps that I have running, and log out of things like iPF so that they don't have access to stuff they shouldn't. The thought of a mischievous 9-year-old having unrestricted moderator privileges here, when he is supposed to be playing Angry Birds, is quite horrifying.

As I said, password it so that your personal data is safe, and that's about all you can do.

iPF?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force closing apps is achieved as follows:

Either double press the home button, or do a four finger swipe up the screen to reveal the multitask bar.

Long press on any app in the multitask bar until a minus sign appears on the icons.

Touch the minus sign on the app and it will disappear from the multitask bar. Repeat for all apps.

Do a four finger swipe down the screen or press the home button once to return the screen to normal.

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, i ll be careful with that, no need to hurt sensibilities.

Glade to discover this forum!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to have you here. Enjoy your time here. I've just noticed that you posted this thread in the Special Needs subforum, so I'll move it to iPad Help. The Special Needs forum is reserved for people with disabilities to discuss their requirements.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen threads with references to locking apps with a Cydia app called AppLocker. You have to be jailbroken. I haven't tried, though.

Most reactions