What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for this type of setup.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
OK, if you come accross a good iPad app that works well with this type of setup where you have your ipad mounted on a wall, cabinet, or refrigerator, list those apps in here.

I'm thinking informative apps that constantly update and display live up to date info would be useful to have running for when ever you enter the room to glance over and check out whats curringly going on.

I've been looking and cant really find many, most require you to physicly walk over and tap a button or something to update. I was thinking along the lines of News apps, weather apps. I'm sure someone interested in stocks would like a stock ticker type app.

Also, lets try and stay away from iPhone apps if at all possible.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
hmm... I was just thinking and one of those free Banner apps would be cool to leave a message.

Instead of writing a note on paper and sticking it to the refrigerator for someone, just leave a banner to scroll across the ipad screen. That would sure get their attention.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Mike, the beauty of PadTab is that its not a permanent mount. We ship our product with 2 WallTab's but you can purchase more. This allows you to put a WallTab anywhere you may want to hang your iPad for use. This means you are not limited to apps that are "informative" or constantly updating info. If I'm surfing the web on the couch but my wife wants to watch a show or look up a receipe in the Kitchen she'll grab the iPad and hang it on the Kitchen cabinet. Before I go to bed I take the iPad upstairs with me so in the morning I can watch CNBC on the etrade app while I'm getting ready in the bathroom. The message apps are great for the fridge to leave a note, but most folks that we've talked to don't leave their iPad on the mount when not using it.

Yes I know that Its not a permanent mount, There are apps that people may find usefull while the ipad is mounted someplace. I'm talking about mounted iPads in general, not only the PadTab.

If you Mount Your iPad anyplace, what apps do you use while its mounted?

For those who like TV/Movies there is the Netflix app you already mentioned as well as Orb Live and Slingbox apps that allow the ipad to watch live TV.

Last edited:

yaohua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Information program are great for the fridge to leave a note, but most of the people we've talked to do not leave their iPad on the mountain when not using it...

Most reactions