What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for the Blind & Visually Impaired

katiea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have to share it with you. I saw that my 1.5 year-old child is quite curious about the ipad, especially when I move the screen with my finger. So I found on app store an app which claims to be easily used by 1 year-old babies. I tried it and I've got to say that they definitely hit the target - my child easily swipes between the photos of animals and entertains himself! Just think about it, he uses the iPhone before he learned how to speak! :))

Here is the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/baby-shuffle-animals/id562559864?mt=8

Visualman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are just starting to use iPads with our VI pupils here in Dorset UK. Would be very interested in sharing experiences.

bobsmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've released a new audio game app for blind and visually impaired. It uses GPS on your iPhone or android. Walk to the center of an open field and six virtual targets will be arranged around you. Echo locate them using headphones to determine direction.

Sighted folks can play it also ;)

Open Field Echo Sounder

phone_ff.png[/URL]

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Aimes_D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi my partner & i are both partially sighted with ipads and we have found a great new app it turns your ipad/iphone into a video magnifier! It is called eyesight by a company called sight tech

It costs £21 but that beats paying out upto £500 or more for an actual video magnifier!

It has the ability to change the colour contrast to either white on black, yellow on blue, yellow on black and blue on white and obviously standard view too and you switch between them simply by tapping once anywhere with 1 finger
Zooming in and out is easy too just pinch to zoom as you were zooming in on safari or a photo

NOT compatible with voiceover though!

Hope this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts