What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for recording voice and sound in the background.

Sunduri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi !!

I'm new here and I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions about a doubt I have.

I've just bought the new Ipad mini (no words for expressing my happiness, this little thing is amazing) and I need an app for recording voice or any type of sound in the background.
I'm studying a degree at the university and I need this app for recording the voice of the prof while using other apps, reading a pdf or surfing on the moodle page of my uni.
Of course, without closing the recording app.
So, could you recommend some apps for doing this? I don't care if they are free or I have to pay for them. Please, tell me the names of all the apps that you know that have this function.
THANK YOU!! I'm sorry if there's any mistake, i'm studying english.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Notability, a note taking app, also will record voice. I think it does it while it is open when you are taking notes, so it is not really in the background and I'm not sure it would work if you put it there.

Now, this other app, whose name keeps changing because the author is apparently trying to escape poor ratings, is currently called Dpl Recorder. It can record in the background, but it records video too, and you may find trying to recordr an entire lecture to be problematic.

Not many apps really are allowed to do much in the background....you may way to use your phone for this while using your tablet for the other things. Or get a real voice recorder.

hotchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally i like ClearRecord (app name). I had been using its lite version for a year (free) and no ads... the ClearRecord Premium if could increase play speed to 0.5x and 1.5x.

maeaurelio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently using vocalive. I am very satisfied with it. Try it. It is free!

Most reactions

Latest posts