What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for Recording & Uploading Podcasts

PandaDeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Complete newb here, I want to start recording film discussion podcasts with my Ipad 3, can anyone recommend a good app and also, how exactly would I go about uploading it?

Cheers

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Podcasts are an interesting venture. Before diving in, I would recommend looking at some how to's online. Apple themselves have discussion papers that go into great detail on formatting podcasts for submission on iTunes. The best place to start is to google how to make a podcast and go from there. There are things you may not have thought about like hosting that you should familiarize yourself with.

I'm not aware of any podcast specific apps, but an audio podcast can be recorded on any number of recording apps. A video podcast on any video camera or via the stock camera app on the iPad if you so desire.

Basically you need to:
- record your podcast
- edit your podcast
- make sure it is in a compliant format
- prepare any scripting required by the host site or distribution service (eg. iTunes)
- upload podcast to hosting site
- submit podcast script to itunes or RSS feed

I've read up on it but am yet to pull the trigger on a podcast so far.

Most reactions

Latest posts